*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Anyone picking up Dragon Quest 11 for the switch? Lot of my local Argos don't have any stock surprisingly, cheapest online i've found is from SimplyGames for £39.99 and next up is £44.99.
Smyths is selling it for £44.99 if people are after physical copy locally, then Argos has 2 listing on their website strangely.

I paid EUR 42.18 delivered from amazon.fr, which is £37.50.

I have the original somewhere, including a box.....

You're missing the sequel though.

Man of Honour
Boo, it looks like the gravy train has ended for being able to easily purchase games from other regions.

Nintendo appear to be locking you into purchasing from the credit card's issuing country.

Soldato
Boo, it looks like the gravy train has ended for being able to easily purchase games from other regions.

Nintendo appear to be locking you into purchasing from the credit card's issuing country.
Most onlines services do that.

Eg if I buy from the USA PS store I first buy voucher to load into my account from cdkeys or somewhere and then log in and buy games. That way no payment details are needed.

Soldato
Dragon quest was a game I thought I would really enjoy when I picked it up on PS4, But i dont know.. it just felt dated on arrival. In a way i think this is part of its charm that some fans enjoyed about it, but for me it didnt hold me past about 10 hours of play.

I'd reccomend Ni No Kuni mind, that one was great at the time. Cant speak for how well its aged though. It just oozed charm, and had a heartfelt story

Soldato
Thank god for SNES online. I preordered Zelda LA for my holiday flight next week, the only reason I have been able to resist playing it is because I have been buried in Link to the past :)
Can't wait to get into this on my flight next week.
Also picked up cuphead in the sale, still have Astral Chain and Sniper 3 on my watch list as well, it's a great time to be a switch owner right now

Soldato
Thank god for SNES online. I preordered Zelda LA for my holiday flight next week, the only reason I have been able to resist playing it is because I have been buried in Link to the past :)
Can't wait to get into this on my flight next week.
Also picked up cuphead in the sale, still have Astral Chain and Sniper 3 on my watch list as well, it's a great time to be a switch owner right now

think im gonna play a link to the past next, not sure if i should use the snes mini or the switch?

you are right the switch is full of good games, not actually played my ps4 since the start of the year it is a good media player though, i am hooked on my switch and only use the ps4 to watch netflix etc

Soldato
Play it (alttp) with the on screen controls turned off via snes online in pixel perfect mode. It's a lovely experience. Sold my snes mini. Not happening with my TV too jarring. Switch screen is perfect.

Man of Honour
Play it (alttp) with the on screen controls turned off via snes online in pixel perfect mode. It's a lovely experience. Sold my snes mini. Not happening with my TV too jarring. Switch screen is perfect.

Don't use pixel perfect mode on any LCD screen, it only exists for those using CRT TVs. It will look very different to how it should look as all CRT TVs displayed the SNES with horizontally stretched pixels.

The games were all developed to be displayed with this in mind and they will look squashed of you display then in pixel perfect mode and don't use a CRT.

Soldato
Anyone picking up Dragon Quest 11 for the switch? Lot of my local Argos don't have any stock surprisingly, cheapest online i've found is from SimplyGames for £39.99 and next up is £44.99.
Smyths is selling it for £44.99 if people are after physical copy locally, then Argos has 2 listing on their website strangely.

Tempted, but I’ve already sunk over 100hrs into the pc version.

It’s likely in the future when I’m ready to complete the game again I’ll grab it on switch for the upgraded orchestral soundtrack.

Soldato
Don't use pixel perfect mode on any LCD screen, it only exists for those using CRT TVs. It will look very different to how it should look as all CRT TVs displayed the SNES with horizontally stretched pixels.

The games were all developed to be displayed with this in mind and they will look squashed of you display then in pixel perfect mode and don't use a CRT.
If that's true then why is pixel perfect included on products that are HDMI only??

Pixel perfect looks great on stuff I've tried.

Soldato
Just finished Links Awakening, shorter and easier than I remembered, the bosses seem to get easier and easier until the last one when the difficulty ramps up quite a bit (not that it's hard, just a big jump from the trivial earlier ones).

The dungeon creator is more of a novelty than anything else, I wouldn't go as far as saying I regret buying it but I've not really had my money's worth even if it was cool to see a game from my childhood reimagined.

Soldato
Just finished Links Awakening, shorter and easier than I remembered, the bosses seem to get easier and easier until the last one when the difficulty ramps up quite a bit (not that it's hard, just a big jump from the trivial earlier ones).

The dungeon creator is more of a novelty than anything else, I wouldn't go as far as saying I regret buying it but I've not really had my money's worth even if it was cool to see a game from my childhood reimagined.

How long did it take? My gaming time is pushed these days so it being short is probably a good thing for me.

Soldato
Just picked up the switch lite with zelda awesome piece of kit and game.

Thinking about the new dragon quest game, never played one before what's this latest switch version like, I'm guessing these games are nice and long!?

Back
Top Bottom