Greta Thunberg

Caporegime
Again, a straw man. I have been explicit in saying that my issue with being lectured by a sixteen year old who has no life experience. I have not said I don't like people with less life experience.

Not in reference to climate change I didn't. Although if your evidence for climate change was the opinions of left wing journalists, I absolutely would call them out.

You are really into nicknames aren't you? With all that life experience behind you, you should know that only reflect badly on yourself, right?

I have already stated what has experience got to do with being told to do something if what they are telling you are correct?

You keep saying left wing journalist, again, what is political allegiance got to do with anything about climate change?

Soldato
I have already stated what has experience got to do with being told to do something if what they are telling you are correct?

Not really siding with anyone here... but it does make a difference...

You're sat in your hospital bed, having just been for a biopsy to find out whether you've got cancer... The door opens and a scruffy looking janitor walks in and shuffles over to you. "Your doctor is a bit busy but he told me to tell you that it's good news - you're in the clear, and you can leave!"

Would you get your things and head on out or would you maybe want to actually speak to the professional first?

Caporegime
Not really siding with anyone here... but it does make a difference...

You're sat in your hospital bed, having just been for a biopsy to find out whether you've got cancer... The door opens and a scruffy looking janitor walks in and shuffles over to you. "Your doctor is a bit busy but he told me to tell you that it's good news - you're in the clear, and you can leave!"

Would you get your things and head on out or would you maybe want to actually speak to the professional first?

That's different because that is one specific, as opposed to widely published researched for decades.

In your example, it would be like your cancer diagnosis has been on the news for years, and now a child has told you too.

Do you need to ask the expert about that when there are abundance of reports by scientists already out there?

Soldato
That's different because that is one specific, as opposed to widely published researched for decades.

In your example, it would be like your cancer diagnosis has been on the news for years, and now a child has told you too.

Do you need to ask the expert about that when there are abundance of reports by scientists already out there?

I was just getting at the fact that the messenger can be relevant sometimes. You're right, in this actual case the research/facts are already pretty widely known (but I think then people can still find the messenger / methods irritating even if they ultimately agree)

Caporegime
I was just getting at the fact that the messenger can be relevant sometimes. You're right, in this actual case the research/facts are already pretty widely known (but I think then people can still find the messenger / methods irritating even if they ultimately agree)

They can find it irritating, that's their prerogative but the problem isn't the messager, the problem is the people themselves having the problem of the messenger.

Caporegime
That's awful, did Greta Thunberg really call you a Nazi?
Poor lamb, you must have been devastated to be outed by a 16 year old :(
You're doing your damnedest to become a parody of yourself, like humbug has done.

How far left do you have to be, btw, not to be called a Nazi? Do you have to be .. Owen Jones's ..? I'm sure it's great work if you can get it.

Associate
See if you keep moving left all your life, keep going past centre, past tony blair (ok he was maybe on the right of centre) past kinnoch and eventually sailing past Corbyn.
What happens? What happens when you keep going to the left? Do you eventually appear on the right? or do you sort of just fall off the planet?

Man of Honour
We just need less people to be born and wind the population of the planet down to a sustainable level. Who the hell wants to be packed into a city anyway, it's madness.

Less people and more untouched countryside, sounds like heaven to me.

Surely cities help with the more untouched countryside?

There’s nothing wrong with cities, done properly they’re much more efficient per capita.

As for population levels, they’re perfectly sustainable if we can sort out the distribution. Obese westerners and a starving ‘3rd world’ hints that it’s a distribution problem not a population problem. Although admittedly some are growing at unsustainable levels, but that should level out.

Man of Honour

Using that janitor/doctor analogy, it would be like the janitor claiming that they're the only person who can do anything medical and doctors haven't done anything ever because they're older. Then having a tantrum.

She's not saying anything useful and she's being an arse about it. She's not the Messiah.

Permabanned
Surely cities help with the more untouched countryside?

There’s nothing wrong with cities, done properly they’re much more efficient per capita.

As for population levels, they’re perfectly sustainable if we can sort out the distribution. Obese westerners and a starving ‘3rd world’ hints that it’s a distribution problem not a population problem. Although admittedly some are growing at unsustainable levels, but that should level out.

You are as bad as Thunberg, Human population at 7 billion has ruined the entire world. Look around the clothing these experts wear going to research climate change putting microplastics everywhere. If you are a human right now you are a problem, If you wear polyxxx clothes you basically shed plastic everywhere. So lets see pristine wilderness Antartica has microplastics in the snow now. How about Space? Yep it might even end up making humans bound to Earth unable to escape a minefield of litter look up space debris! Or what about the lowest part of Earth? Yup Marianas Trench has litter and do not get me started on the idiots who littered Everest for thier own egos oxygen tanks dead people and plastic clothing are all over the highest place on Earth.

Now for the History, How do you even call it climate change when they will not even talk about how the climate used to be? Europe and the UK like most of the world was deforested, And in Medieval times this accelerated wildly. So if you go back to before this started and you watch Ray Mears you learn that long before Britain got near 100,000 residents you could not see the sky bar river courses Britain BC actually had jungle canopy like the Amazon but with native species like Oak. Tree species were much much larger and back also and then you had bear and wolves in the UK and in mainland Europe you had a massive forest from Poland to Germany/Netherlanda with European Bison. So the land area they cut down if you look up the history and facts is easily 25% of the worlds tree cover. It probably equals the size of the Amazon and considering the tree size was much larger it must have seriously altered the oxygen levels and climate. The world we live in now is but a shadow of what it was meant to be so climate change is basically deforestation and human population. But you might not hear much about this because A history is a rare thing to study and B trees can not be exploited and taxed like humans. If you ran the world and were going to bail out in 90yrs you would want less trees and more of those juicy farmable humanoid$.

Back
Top Bottom