Cholesterol levels

Man of Honour
Depends on the size of your handfuls that could still be a large portion of your daily calorie intake. I'd say around 25g is a sensible portion size which works out around 150kcals.

Soldato
OP
Yay, I filleted my first fish! :D Not a single bone to choke on. The first part was easy, slicing each side away from the backbone, I got two clean cuts.

But you experienced fish cooks, don't laugh but as you can see in the second photo, I ****** up getting a clean removal of the second part, the remaining length of bone running down the centre of each half, hence the roughed up look of the flesh. :p I thought that bit would be easier but I butchered it a bit.
Should be better when I do the next one though.

Anyway, lightly greased foil in a pan with olive oil, seasoned the fish and grilled for 7 minutes skin side down. Flipped, was going to do another 7 minutes skin side up but after 5 minutes, the skin was bubbling up and slightly burnt. So I guess 3 or so minutes is probably all it needed after flipping. But it tasted awesome. That one piece of fish was about enough, although I could have eaten a bit more. But that means 3 meals of mackerel for under £3. Excellent.

20191009-211315.jpg

20191009-211323.jpg

20191009-221951.jpg

Soldato
[haven't listened to avocado broadcast yet]

one of the issues i have with filleting is not having an appropriate knife .. I think .. but, maybe ability
have a old sebatier boning knife, but seems too rigid, the carving knife has, in its turn, some flexibility, and has the edge, but is unwieldy for the task,
to boot, mackerel bones are pretty delicate.

Soldato
Uhh at my last check my gp said it was 5.4 and said it was borderline. She said try to improve diet and come back in two years for a check, OP post is a bit worrying i didnt realise it was meant to be 5 maximum.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I am 48, 10 years ago my level was 6.8 move on 10 years and after a gradual change of lifestyle as of yesterday its 3.9 and blood pressure is bang on the money. It can be done for sure.

Associate
I am 87 and sitting in St Peters waiting room still attending annual check ups. The daft part I still adhere to the low fat advice. It should be the time to go calorie crazy. I saw a piece of useful advice which is too late for me: At 75 go all out to become an alcoholic because there's not enough time to reach your goal.

Back
Top Bottom