IT worker killed his wife after she mocked him for his limp **** found guilty of murder.

Caporegime
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ked-erectile-dysfunction-found-guilty-murder/
Computer expert David Pomphret, 51, has admitted he bludgeoned his wife, Ann Marie, 49, to death, striking her 30 times over the head with a crowbar at the stables where they kept horses near their home in Winwick, Cheshire.

Pomphret, described as a "quiet man who snapped" had suffered erectile dysfunction and simply "flipped", the jury heard after his "ranting" wife called him "limp and useless" and slapped him, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

He argued that his anger constituted a temporary loss of control, which is a special defence for murder.

Pomphret used a similar defence to Sally Challen, who killed her husband in 2010 after years of “coercive control”.

She was found guilty of murder, but had her conviction overturned on appeal in February. She was eventually found guilty of manslaughter.

That just seems like such a BS defence, yes she was being a bit of a **** towards him but that's no excuse at all... he could have just split up/divorced her. How is it a defence against a murder conviction when he bludgeoned her to death?

Glad it didn't work out this time, the previously mentioned case seems like a bit of a farce.

Soldato
Poor reporting from the telegraph....

He argued that his anger constituted a temporary loss of control, which is a special defence for murder.

Pomphret used a similar defence to Sally Challen, who killed her husband in 2010 after years of “coercive control”.

Despite the incorrect /nonsense media repoting about some new (partial) defence of 'coercive control' being introduced for murder as a result of the Sally Challen case (spoiler alert such thing happened re the law)....

She actually won her appeal on the basis of new evidence being provided, at her appeal hearing, to support the (long standing) partial defence of diminished responsibility not loss of control (formerly called provocation) which is the relevant partial defence the male defendant in this case appears to be trying to assert.

Soldato
She was autistic and had Borderline Personality Disorder and he claims 22 years of her being volatile... I can fully understand that pushing someone to snap.

I've got BPD, and although there are over 200 random symptoms associated to it we are generally absolutely difficult to live with. One of the most famous books about it is "I hate you, don't leave me!" as it covers the swings in personality with it. On one hand, I can be one of the most caring people on the planet, understanding the emotional needs of others. On the other hand, I often don't give a flying **** and wouldn't care if vast numbers of the population died. My kids are one of the only ground positives that always keeps me planted but I can be an absolute **** to my wife, but she understands it and because I understand the illness I've learnt to control it much better. For instance, I've not self-harmed by cutting or punching in over a year now. It's horrid to have, it must be hell at times to live with especially if that person can't understand it and try to control it, which would be the case with Autism.

If I'd carried on as I was, and my wife killed me, I couldn't have actually blamed her.

Soldato
The guy sounds like a nutcase, who tried to lie his way out of it, and then when dna evidence was found of her blood on his sock (he'd claimed he didn't know what happened to her) he changed his story.

There was nothing stopping him divorcing her, or moving out.

We only have his words about his 'problem'.

Caporegime
OP
She was autistic and had Borderline Personality Disorder and he claims 22 years of her being volatile... I can fully understand that pushing someone to snap.

I can't, not to that extent - if she was that much of a nightmare then he should have split up with her years ago.

I can understand him snapping as in losing his temper and getting angry/shouting etc.. but not snapping and then bludgeoning her to death - that is inexcusable regardless of her being a complete pain to live with etc..

Permabanned
"Barclays executive, 51, who beat 'abusive' wife, 49, to death with a crowbar 'deserved a MEDAL' for putting up with her, says victim's own MOTHER at murder trial"

Source DM.

A good couple of decades ago (at least) an old man strangled his nagging wife in her/their sleep and got away with murder claiming he was having a nightmare he was back in the WW2 POW Camp and hands were around a Jap guards neck.

I am surprised my father never flipped out at my my mum as she is pure toxic (think George and Mildred x100).

Last edited:
Soldato
I read even the victims mother praised the chap for killing her, she had some degree of autism though, so could be very Jekyll and Hyde.

Soldato
I can't, not to that extent - if she was that much of a nightmare then he should have split up with her years ago.

I can understand him snapping as in losing his temper and getting angry/shouting etc.. but not snapping and then bludgeoning her to death - that is inexcusable regardless of her being a complete pain to live with etc..

I guess it depends if you've ever really lost your temper, if you have I think it's easier to understand how someone can lose all sense of reality and do something so drastic. A divorce or leaving is the answer to someone who is just angry and had enough. if it's full-on rage there's every possibility that you could do something you can't come back from.

Caporegime
OP
I guess it depends if you've ever really lost your temper, if you have I think it's easier to understand how someone can lose all sense of reality and do something so drastic. A divorce or leaving is the answer to someone who is just angry and had enough. if it's full-on rage there's every possibility that you could do something you can't come back from.

Plenty of people lose their temper over various things some people more frequently than others and some people are better at dealing with anger than others... when it gets to the extremes of actually killing someone over verbal jibes and a slap then I'm not buying that it is excusable at all - he deserves to be locked up for that.

Soldato
Plenty of people lose their temper over various things some people more frequently than others and some people are better at dealing with anger than others... when it gets to the extremes of actually killing someone over verbal jibes and a slap then I'm not buying that it is excusable at all - he deserves to be locked up for that.

Oh, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it or that it's an excuse, I can just understand how you can get to that point as I've had to deal with rage myself and in my younger years had to replace a couple of doors. Life's a learning experience and if you stood me now to me from 15 years ago I'm a very different person.

Caporegime
If it was the other way round and the woman had murdered the husband, I wonder if the verdict would have been the same?

Well never know the true story unless we were there and experienced what he had to over the years.

Permabanned
If it was the other way round and the woman had murdered the husband, I wonder if the verdict would have been the same?

Well never know the true story unless we were there and experienced what he had to over the years.

As a man he had zero chance like sex abuse men do hard time always. If it were gender swapped she would have had newspapers, Family and the Feminist network all going to town pushing him as a mysogonistic voilent sex pest. I reckon with enough tears you stand a 50% chance of going free. As a man you stand none as it is instantly seen an an abuse of a mans physical dominance over females.

Back
Top Bottom