Disatissfaction

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I understand that but I don't think I should have to explain details of my medical problems. I don't go the Dr often. I dont have time to be waiting for them to answer a call and decide whether I can have an appt especially when I have to work. The appts given are for the same day only. No advance bookings. It does not fit in with people who work and to be told I will get a call back from a Dr to see whether I actually need to be seen doesnt fit with work when phones are not allowed in the secure areas...Therefore I cant take the call.
Then pay to see a private GP where you can book your slot for a time that suits you.

Or go back to Australia.

You think you are royalty or something... you are not.

Soldato
Regarding car insurance being high, where you live and what type of car you have plays a part. If I hadn't had several years of no claims then my car insurance would likely be closer to a grand. (When i first got it 6 years ago it was well over that)

As for docs appointments this is pretty much standard set up in most places now. (Most likely because of no shows constantly happening) If you don't wish to discuss the issue then simply say That to the receptionist. As far as I can see they can't force you. Most practices now allow bookings to be made online, you just need to ask them to create an account for you. My one allows a few appointments to be booked in a few weeks time and at 8am each day they will release a few for that day as well so that people don't have to call up and be stuck on hold for ages.

I mean if all of these things are so annoying for you why move here in the first place? :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Welcome to the UK. You will have wished you never come here. Don't have a credit history you will never ever get credit. Everything will be expensive until you can.

Go improve your credit rating you can view it online. Get a UK passport a mobile phone contract and a small credit card. It's going to take you 12 months from now to build a reputation.

If you paid cash this isn't credit so doesn't count I'm afraid.

Man of Honour
Im new to the forum. I used to belong to one years ago but got sidetracked with life. I have recently moved to the UK and am encountering all sorts of issues.

Cant get decent insurance unless I pay a fortune
Cant get finance (wanting a new car) says I haven't got a credit history
Cant get an appointment at the Dr's unless I call in the morning and wait and see if they have one for the same day and only if I give the receptionist details of why I want to see the Dr

What is going on here?

Insurance and finance suffer from the insularity of the UK, which isn't new. Your insurance costs are higher for the same reason as your lack of ability to get into debt - only UK history is considered.

The appointment lottery system at doctors is new, but it's very common. Don't expect to see a doctor if you have a job, unless you pay to see one privately. The NHS is superb for emergencies. It's not superb for more routine things. Telling the receptionist details is supposed to be a form of triage (and does seem to work) - the details they take are intended to be used to assign you an appointment with the right person. Nurse practioners can deal with most of the things people routinely go to a GP for.

There is an online booking system, but you have to sign up for it and they probably won't tell you about it. Details here:

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/gps/gp-online-services/

Associate
OP
Then pay to see a private GP where you can book your slot for a time that suits you.

Or go back to Australia.

You think you are royalty or something... you are not.

Oh dear....poor you. It looks like you have a quivering lip. You must be used to mediocrity. And just to fill you in...I am a UK citizen!:D

Insurance and finance suffer from the insularity of the UK, which isn't new. Your insurance costs are higher for the same reason as your lack of ability to get into debt - only UK history is considered.

The appointment lottery system at doctors is new, but it's very common. Don't expect to see a doctor if you have a job, unless you pay to see one privately. The NHS is superb for emergencies. It's not superb for more routine things. Telling the receptionist details is supposed to be a form of triage (and does seem to work) - the details they take are intended to be used to assign you an appointment with the right person. Nurse practioners can deal with most of the things people routinely go to a GP for.

There is an online booking system, but you have to sign up for it and they probably won't tell you about it. Details here:

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/gps/gp-online-services/

Thank you

Welcome to the UK. You will have wished you never come here. Don't have a credit history you will never ever get credit. Everything will be expensive until you can.

Go improve your credit rating you can view it online. Get a UK passport a mobile phone contract and a small credit card. It's going to take you 12 months from now to build a reputation.

If you paid cash this isn't credit so doesn't count I'm afraid.

Im already a UK citizen and have always had a British passport. Yes...paid everything in cash

And here gents we have an absolute sense of self entitlement...observe and enjoy.
no sense of entitlement...just a sense of wanting somehing to be done right. Maybe you like low quality?? I don't!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Shame on you people. How long have most of you been using the net? Surely you know a wind up when you see it, you are all acting like fish on a hook or are you all just upping your post counts?

Soldato
I agree things are tougher now in the UK. Please realise that I do see where you are coming from however.....

Everyone has to pay when 1dt starting off with car insurance. Yes the 1st few years sting but you will build a no claims up fairly quickly and the price comes down a lot (assuming you don't claim)

The thing with car insurance is even if you are not fully comp the potential the insurance company may have to pay out is immense. Even if your car is a £1k banger and you are 3rd party on it.... What if you have an accident writing off a 60k range rover ,(deliberately not going off the reservation and saying a Ferrari,) and at the same time paralyse someone.

Up until 15 years ago(I am 43) I had never had a credit card in my life I fully believed it buying what you afford. It was a royal pita getting a mortgage and had to get my parents on my house as I had no credit history. I too was refused the best deals when I eventually tried to get a credit card. Again tho, it didn't take long to get a credit rating using a (terrible interest ) beginners card. I paid it off monthly and soon was offered a decent one It is difficult but again it does make sense. I guess all I can say is would you lend someone YOUR money if you had no idea of their history or how good they were with managing their money?

The NHS however is in a sorry state. It desperately needs more money but who wants to pay more tax? We have an aging population and it is going to get worse . Just last week my mates dentist referred him to hospital as he has a lump she wants biopsied as it is a bit suspicious. His date.... March 2020!.
Our local GP has been on the news due to the wait times. Numerous doctors have quit and no one new wants to come here. All I can say is get the best private health care you can, make good use of pharmacy and make the best of it.

Soldato
Shame on you people. How long have most of you been using the net? Surely you know a wind up when you see it, you are all acting like fish on a hook or are you all just upping your post counts?

Whilst you could be right I am a straight shooter and don't see the logic in troll posts therefore intend to give posts the benefit of the doubt.

PS I hit my 1000 post limit 6 months or so ago so have no reason to pad my post count.

Soldato

A Russian fisherman maybe. I see too many of these random posts that read like extracts from the Daily Fail for them to be real. Facebook is for whining, not a computer forum.

Soldato
Paula Trewick, could I suggest a place called "mumsnet" for your forum needs?

I think you are more likely to fit in there and find people willing to just have a moan too.

Back
Top Bottom