**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Then again, this iPhone I'm using I've found 2 annoying faults already today, so I am actually starting to wonder if I am the problem and I simply expect too much from these things. I am unsure as everyone I know just tells me I'm unlucky with everything I buy (was the same with cars, always seemed to run into every documented fault going), but then I wonder if I just notice things that other people just don't notice or care about....
Are you also one of those people that are always ill? ;)

THAT makes more sense but I definitely saw the review where the guy said it was when you were looking at it - pretty sure it was mrwhostheboss or whatever he's called.
Yeah it was him. he said if you look away it drops down. Edit: https://youtu.be/085_hlIcLu8?t=147 (2.30ish)

How will verifying purchases work without finger print reader? How do I login to apps? Buy things from play store? Purchase above the £30 contact less amount?
I was just wondering the same thing.

Man I've nearly bought a 4XL 4 times this afternoon so far. I need to go to a shop and see them in the flesh.....

Soldato
I just don't understand all the camera talk and hype. How many people buying this phone are professional photographers? Surely any camera phone from the last couple of years is fine for people to take some holiday snaps or post pictures of their food on facebook? I'd wager that most people wouldn't know the different between a photo from this or from the oneplus; i certainly wouldn't.

People still comment on how amazing my photos on the 2XL are and there have been times where it has done better then a Sony RX100 with a large sensor for a compact camera. But I guess different people want different things. Camera and battery are most important to me, CPU and memory for the last few years have been fine.

Man of Honour
This is why Samsung's iris unlock was brilliant. Okay it didn't work with people who had blue or green eyes generally, but it worked and was as secure as a fingerprint, hell probably even more-so because if you're dead, your iris pattern is not the same, and if you're asleep, well your eyelids are closed.

Change my mind :cool:

Soldato
So security when you've been killed is now a concern? Pretty sure your finger doesn't suddenly dissapear after murder?

Soldato
This is why Samsung's iris unlock was brilliant. Okay it didn't work with people who had blue or green eyes generally, but it worked and was as secure as a fingerprint, hell probably even more-so because if you're dead, your iris pattern is not the same, and if you're asleep, well your eyelids are closed.

Change my mind :cool:

It was so secure not even your own eyes could unlock it

Soldato
I've had the Nexus 5, the original Pixel (then after a few other phones) the Pixel 2XL that I currently have. 2 years and going strong. My partner has the Pixel 3 XL, and she loves it, camera is awesome.

Having got bored waiting for the Pixel 4 XL I got a One Plus 7 Pro over the summer. For a week, returned it. It..... well the camera anyway didn't live up to expectations, wasn't nearly as good as the Pixel 2 XL I had / have. So back to the 2. I realise the 7 pro is popular on this forum, and it's great in every single way in my opinion except the camera, and yes I had tried every available camera mod / app at the time.

Have now pre-ordered the Pixel 4 XL. Review pending :)

Soldato
Why? Some pretty sound theory I would say. Most people would agree a tiny batter mated to a relatively large, high refresh screen, and all the tech on board is not going to equal good battery life on that model.
Yes a small battery with added tech is unlikely to be great. We already knew that months ago - real life usage is still unknown and is the only missing piece of info. Releasing an article stating the bleedin obvious isn’t really telling us anything new.

Soldato
Don't want anyone (including yourself) to access your phone any more with FPS? Burn off your finger prints on a hot plate.

Don't want anyone (including yourself) to access your phone any more with facial recognition?

NV0D9qV.jpg

Ok, well there would still be one person who could still unlock your phone with your face...

Soldato
I think more that point of that twitter video was that when asleep it still works.

I guess if it bothers you that much you can turn it off before you go to sleep?

Maybe Google will patch it so it only works when your eyes are open? I wouldn't imagine that would be too hard to do?

I'm actually getting quite excited about (hopefully) moving back to a Pixel device and also moving back to a smaller form factor.

(Jump forward 3 weeks and I'm missing the big screen real-estate... :p )

Back
Top Bottom