Spec me a winter jacket

Soldato
Honorable mention for Trespass, may not be the most fashionable but I have one of the their hooded jackets with the fleece lining and its nice and toasty once on. More or less fully waterproof too.

Shawrey

I’ve been using one of their hooded “technical” waterproof jackets for years now and can’t fault it. With a thin fleece top under it, it’s perfect for urban winters. The only time my big North Face coat comes out is if I’m going to be out all day in the rain or freezing temperatures.

Associate
What's the difference between the troposphere and the one I linked?
The one you linked looks longer lol ;)
TBH I'm not sure on all the minute details. There are some differences in materials and design, but I just prefer shorter jackets with a waist cord and I find the zipped pit vents on the Troposphere to be handy if I start to get warm.
I had a north face tri climate with a removable inner previous to these wolfskin jackets and I find the JW to be warmer.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The one you linked looks longer lol ;)
TBH I'm not sure on all the minute details. There are some differences in materials and design, but I just prefer shorter jackets with a waist cord and I find the zipped pit vents on the Troposphere to be handy if I start to get warm.
I had a north face tri climate with a removable inner previous to these wolfskin jackets and I find the JW to be warmer.

Have to say I prefer shorter jackets, so maybe the troposphere is more my bag.

Soldato
I was looking at winter coats today too, I want something that's fairly smart looking, less logos and stripes the better.

I had been looking at Arc'teryx such as the Magnus, but the price is eye watering. The Patagonia City Storm Parka is nice too but still expensive.

The JW West Coast you linked looks good, would like to try one on.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I bought a Superdry Arctic Windcheater a couple years ago and have found it very warm when needed.
Paid £60.
Also seems to be plenty of discounts if you shop carefully - try their eBay outlet.

Associate
Ordered this on Thursday https://www.jack-wolfskin.co.uk/lakota-jacket/1203792-6350002.html.

Been looking for a new winter coat that isn't big and crazy like my Fjallraven parka. The parka is good, very warm, never feel cold but it's big and bulky. More for 0 and below temperatures.

I find Jack Wolfskin to be good. Their items look decently stylish, practical and not too expensive. I've found winter coats from "fashion" brands or regular high street places tend to be rubbish (not warm enough, waterproof, windproof). Best to go for one from a proper outdoors company.

Back
Top Bottom