**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
I went to the local cpw to have a look at these. The display is brilliant on both the xl and normal version. Very responsive and overall the phones seemed much snappier. The design is nice in the flesh but the top forehead does seem a little large so that may put off a few people.

Compared to the 3a I had it doesn’t seem that significant an upgrade but an upgrade non the less.

Soldato
So what's the general concensus atm. Keep the S10 Plus, or gamble on a 4XL? I'm still within my cool off.

Tough one. For me I did not even consider the S10 amazing as it is because I just hate all the Samsung crap.

The flip side Its an amazing device. Spec and looks wise. The screen is also impressive.

It's really a personal choice. For me the pixel all the way but I have to make sacrifices hardware wise.

Associate
Embargo lifts on monday, so reviews will be up then.

Looking forward to seeing some proper impressions. Despite the problems with my 2XL and the fact I can get an iPhone 11 FOC (using an XR now, impressed), I’m still sort of tempted with it IF the battery isn’t too disastrous, the camera continues to be class leading, it uses a class leading display, FaceID is properly implemented and finally a competitive price, I could still entertain it. I’m not actually too bothered about the outright specs, but it has to be more than the sum of its parts.

Soldato
Really not holding out for battery being anything but barely passable on the baby version. Very small capacity, 90Hz, no idea how all the radars and lasers are going to be on the battery either.

Associate
Really not holding out for battery being anything but barely passable on the baby version. Very small capacity, 90Hz, no idea how all the radars and lasers are going to be on the battery either.

I agree, So much so that i couldn't be bothered to wait for the reviews. Having a great camera is one thing, the 90hz screen is another great selling point. I could also deal with a terrible battery if the charging was pretty fast. but 18w just isn't gonna cut it. I went for the oneplus 7t pro. Camera is ok, but the 90hz screen with 30w charging is where its at. when i had the oneplus 3t years ago, the dash charging completely changed the way i used the phone. Cant wait to get rid of this S8.

Back
Top Bottom