**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
So, just heard about the scrapboxes in this Fallout 1st thing. Seems that players put scrap into them.. and lost everything ! :eek:

Fallout 76 Subscription *floops* ?

Not surprising. Bethesda couldn't arrange a ****-up in a brewery. What I do find surprising, is that there are people out there, still willing to give money to this joke of a company. It's almost like a Vault Tec experiment - "How frequently can
you utterly screw over a playerbase, yet still have them give you money?"

Soldato
how much more wrong could they have got it lol
Its not scientifically possible as pretty much every step forwards & any player goodwill generated has been cancelled with 10 less in the other direction! perhaps that is the plan allow the game to die to avoid wasting anymore resource on it! This game is pretty much dead to me now The Outer Worlds cost me nothing as part of Xbox Game Pass. I am pretty certain I can get my Falloutish RPG fix from that in the next hour or so & several other publishers want my time & money elsewhere so I am more than happy to oblige them ;)

Soldato
Another total disaster for Bethesda, first forgetting to get the domain name and getting trolled, then the servers and scrapboxes don't work.

Well they have now stated they "think" its a UI problem and the inventory is still there but players are reporting that their scrap is not available when crafting so I'm not sure how that can be correct.

Either way its garbage and Bethesda deserve a slap.

Soldato
Well they have now stated they "think" its a UI problem and the inventory is still there but players are reporting that their scrap is not available when crafting so I'm not sure how that can be correct.

Either way its garbage and Bethesda deserve a slap.

It'll be another lie, like every other lie, like the lie about players inventories being too large that the servers would crash, magically 'fixed' by handing over $100...

Soldato
I hope nobody here paid the £100 ?

I think its about time Bethesda lost its AAA rating.

It's amazing how they can mess things up so much. I play Elder Scrolls Online, and the game always runs smoothly, no problems. It's amazing the contrast.

Man of Honour
They forgot to register the domain name. :D
Falloutfirst.com isn't exactly what they'd want people to be seeing.

Yes - it's far too truthful.

The only way Zenimax/Bethesda could make this worse would be outright theft, just plain stealing money using their customers' card details. Or maybe not. That would have the virtue of being honest.

It'll be another lie, like every other lie, like the lie about players inventories being too large that the servers would crash, magically 'fixed' by handing over $100...

Yes. That's the most obvious lie, but I guess it's swamped by the sheer magnitude of how much they're ridiculing their own customers.

I saw one player doing the mothman animation to a mothman summoned by the enlightenment event. I hope it was a Bethesda employee. I'd hate to think that anyone paid $100/£100 for this grotesque abuse of customers.

Caporegime
Gee, can't wait for another cynical abusive E3 show from them where they hide behind disabled people again.

Rarely, i wonder if the company renegotiated with the Parent company and got shafted somehow, and are just trying to destroy the franchises now out of revenge, much like Kojima did to Konami. But that seems unlikely to be honest, it's the only hope i have left for BGS, for their artistic integrity to actually mean something while skirting the edge so they can still feed their families.

If only game development wasn't saturated with a constant supply of naive desperate quislings, a developer with artistic integrity is rather rare.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gee, can't wait for another cynical abusive E3 show from them where they hide behind disabled people again.

Rarely, i wonder if the company renegotiated with the Parent company and got shafted somehow, and are just trying to destroy the franchises now out of revenge, much like Kojima did to Konami. But that seems unlikely to be honest, it's the only hope i have left for BGS, for their artistic integrity to actually mean something while skirting the edge so they can still feed their families.

If only game development wasn't saturated with a constant supply of naive desperate quislings, a developer with artistic integrity is rather rare.

I played a little OW yesterday and the employees of Spacer's Choice reminded me of many of today's gamers. You can't expect the biggest corps and their underlings to act in any other way, that's just the march of capitalism, its DNA. The problem lies with the moronic lemmings who have been assimilated into corporate culture without the corporations even having to pay them, in fact they're paying hand over fist to indoctrinate themselves. The corps understand how emotional and financial investment works.

I see Ubisoft have delayed their next three games because the latest Ghost Cookie Cutter whatever yawnfest has flopped, but they won't have learned anything, especially listening to the corporate speak from yesterday, they'll just come make with tweaked monetization strategies. In their eyes that's where 'customer engagement' has failed.

Man of Honour
I'm wondering if Zenimax is deliberately sacrificing Bethesda to drive the greed and abuse curve further. The way it has worked and it working is for one company to push the greed and abuse further, get criticised for it, back off a bit and settle for a smaller increase in greed and abuse. Repeat, repeat, repeat. It's not long before what would have been a company-breaking display of greed, abuse of and contempt for customers becomes the new normal. It's the same in many things. Spying, for example. I remember when the dictator of Romania was internationally criticised for the extent to which he routinely engaged in blanket spying on the people of his country. It was much less than the UK does today. Which is itself far less than many businesses do. The new normal is for constant audio recording and analysis, a bugging that spies could only have dreamed of inflicting on their enemies just a couple of decades ago. The USA and the USSR didn't spy on each other anywhere near as much as that. Constant location tracking is already the old normal. It wasn't that long ago when it was only used as a punishment inflicted on convicted criminals.

But being willing to completely sacrifice what had been a very well liked brand could be used to drive the greed and abuse curve faster. Zenimax could sacrifice Bethesda to do that, then use its other brands to benefit.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm wondering if Zenimax is deliberately sacrificing Bethesda to drive the greed and abuse curve further. The way it has worked and it working is for one company to push the greed and abuse further, get criticised for it, back off a bit and settle for a smaller increase in greed and abuse. Repeat, repeat, repeat. It's not long before what would have been a company-breaking display of greed, abuse of and contempt for customers becomes the new normal. It's the same in many things. Spying, for example. I remember when the dictator of Romania was internationally criticised for the extent to which he routinely engaged in blanket spying on the people of his country. It was much less than the UK does today. Which is itself far less than many businesses do. The new normal is for constant audio recording and analysis, a bugging that spies could only have dreamed of inflicting on their enemies just a couple of decades ago. The USA and the USSR didn't spy on each other anywhere near as much as that. Constant location tracking is already the old normal. It wasn't that long ago when it was only used as a punishment inflicted on convicted criminals.

But being willing to completely sacrifice what had been a very well liked brand could be used to drive the greed and abuse curve faster. Zenimax could sacrifice Bethesda to do that, then use its other brands to benefit.
+1

All it would take is for the. To release a must play Fallout game and 99% of people would forget the bad behaviour and buy it anyways.

Soldato
The Outer Worlds is effectively New Vegas in Space & the sort of Falloutish game Bethesda should have made! It clearly shows how far Bethesda have fallen. They have always been near the front end of trying to extract more money from the fanbase but 76 takes it to the next level & is sadly just about the ONLY thing in 76 which is next level :eek::(

Man of Honour
The Outer Worlds is effectively New Vegas in Space & the sort of Falloutish game Bethesda should have made! It clearly shows how far Bethesda have fallen. They have always been near the front end of trying to extract more money from the fanbase but 76 takes it to the next level & is sadly just about the ONLY thing in 76 which is next level :eek::(

If Outer Worlds was on open release, I'd be playing it now. Instead, I'll be watching videos on it. I'd like to play it and I'm willing and able to pay for it, but I'm not willing to compromise my principles to do so. That's how publishers get away with what they've done and what they will do - people will put up with bad things to play a game.

Soldato
If Outer Worlds was on open release, I'd be playing it now. Instead, I'll be watching videos on it. I'd like to play it and I'm willing and able to pay for it, but I'm not willing to compromise my principles to do so. That's how publishers get away with what they've done and what they will do - people will put up with bad things to play a game.

What do you mean by open release?

Back
Top Bottom