• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
I bought my 5700XT a few weeks back and so far I'm not all that impressed. Aside of 0db mode not working every time I restart, and a low RPM ticking in the fans (Powercolor Red Dragon), it seems that, as of 19.10.1, Freesync causes the screen to flicker to black every second or so. It seems to even cause my monitor (Samsung 144hz jobby who's name escapes me) to show the monitor input, making it seem as if the GPU output is cutting out momentarily. It's fine in normal use, but run any game, even LoL TFT, it fails.

Turning off Freesync, it's fine.

Anyone else have such issues?

Caporegime
I bought my 5700XT a few weeks back and so far I'm not all that impressed. Aside of 0db mode not working every time I restart, and a low RPM ticking in the fans (Powercolor Red Dragon), it seems that, as of 19.10.1, Freesync causes the screen to flicker to black every second or so. It seems to even cause my monitor (Samsung 144hz jobby who's name escapes me) to show the monitor input, making it seem as if the GPU output is cutting out momentarily. It's fine in normal use, but run any game, even LoL TFT, it fails.

Turning off Freesync, it's fine.

Anyone else have such issues?

Turn off GPU Scaling if you've got it on.

Soldato
Doubtful.
Vega's had a 4K voltage bug (At least on reference) for as long as I've known.

Although Vega is probably where AMD's marketshare is for that tier of performance anyway. There's easily more people with Vega than Navi.

Depends. Early Vega with August bios yes. Those came out with late September 2017 bios no.
And ofc the early models can be flashed.

Permabanned
Soldato
got my 5700 earlier and loving it, went for the pulse :)

with my old rx480 i had the hdmi going to my monitor and was using a display port to hdmi adapter to get it on my tv, when i try the same with the pulse my tv doesnt seem to get detected, just wondering if thats a driver issue?

oh a bit off topic but probably the best place to ask, i registered the amd rewards coupon and got borderlands 3 but for some reason i have no sign of the free 3 months game pass and im getting confused lol has that happened to any one else?

Soldato
Hdmi adaptor, why do u need one for the 5700 as id assume it has more than one hdmi if thats what u needed, also the spec of hdmi and dp might be different between the 480 and 5700 and may need a new cable i dunno tbh.

The amd games pass and bl3 are probably 2 different emails u get. So if u got bl3 email but not a game pass email then id check ur spam filter or ask whoever u bought ur card from where the email is for it.

Soldato
Hdmi adaptor, why do u need one for the 5700 as id assume it has more than one hdmi if thats what u needed, also the spec of hdmi and dp might be different between the 480 and 5700 and may need a new cable i dunno tbh.

The amd games pass and bl3 are probably 2 different emails u get. So if u got bl3 email but not a game pass email then id check ur spam filter or ask whoever u bought ur card from where the email is for it.

ah thank you very much, i only received one email and it was the choose between 2 games one, so im missing the gamepass one?

i bought it here :)

really liking the card and borderlands 3, it's just a bit annoying about the gamepass code thingy.

the 5700 pulse has 3 display ports and 1 hdmi same as my old rx480, windows seems to detect my tv but nothing happens when i do my usual ctrl p and click stuff, if i turn off my tv and turn it on windows makes the usual noise that something has happened :)

edit: both my monitor and tv are 1080p i only use the tv to occasionaly stream stuff or sit in bed with a controller so no biggy, just a bit nippy :)

drunken edit 2: windows is seeing both screens as number 2? wtf lol, it always seen my monitor as display 2 and my tv as display 1 on the rx480 hmmm not sure why it is seeing both as 2.....

monitor is hooked up via the hdmi

edit:
ok my hdmi cable and adapter are fine as i can clone my display to the tv hmm windows is just not seeing my tv as a seperate display any more...... confused

too drunk for this time to play games lol

Last edited:
Soldato
You should have a separate email for the pass, usually first one you receive after buying the card. Check your junk box.

no sign of it on thunderbird on my pc and no sign on gmail on my tablet either :(

edit: the daft windows 10 email thing doesn't show it either i guess some one forgot to send me it :(

Last edited:
Soldato
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/ocuk-customer-service.116/

Ask about game pass email in there. About tv i dunno tho did u try to use ddu to do a clean install after upgrading?

already posted in cs part of forum :)

yeh i uninstalled my drivers then rebooted and went in safe mode and ran ddu and told it to do the shut down for new gpu install, next time it booted up the new card was in then i installed it's drivers :)

edit: got my tv working on it now, not sure what was going on but it started working when i was messing with the windows display settings :)

edit also just got the gamepass thingy sorted oh and i turned on auto renew and got another month on top of the 3 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Has there been any fixes this year relating to random screen flashes? I get it sometimes but only ever on the desktop (never in games) and only ever on my primary monitor. I haven't updated my drivers in ages so just wondering if this was ever a known issue.

Back
Top Bottom