Red Dead Redemption 2

Man of Honour
Don't forget the cleaning your guns every 15 minutes to ensure best performance, eating food, feeding and brushing your horse etc. etc.

Those are amongst the bits I am most looking forward to, but then I am playing it more as a wild west simulator, ie. No running or fast movment of the horse or on foot unless it fits the occassion, so walking at a slow pace everywhere, no pulling my weapons unless it fits the occassion and so on, all those little things you mention which some would find tiresome appeal hugely to the RP in me. :)

Soldato
Same!

Odyssey was somewhat ruined at the time for me as when I went back to rdr 2, it just felt so much more meaty and realistic/weighty, then jump back to odyssey and it was like being a feather in the wind :p
Going back to oddysyey at some point as I need to try out the Atlantis dlc that I got free. Think it's the 1st episode... Either way I'm not looking forward to the free flowing nature of the game.

Associate
Probably going to pick this up around Christmas.
Started playing it on the Xbox One as it came with my console but never really got further than a few hours after the intro as I got distracted by other games.

For some reason they're pretty much blocked out of the whole of Cornwall.

Private Road here so only FTTC, pain in the bum, can't get Fibre at all!!!! Waiting for BT to pull their finger out and get 5G working well. I may be very old when that happens though :/

Caporegime
Those are amongst the bits I am most looking forward to, but then I am playing it more as a wild west simulator, ie. No running or fast movment of the horse or on foot unless it fits the occassion, so walking at a slow pace everywhere, no pulling my weapons unless it fits the occassion and so on, all those little things you mention which some would find tiresome appeal hugely to the RP in me. :)

Surely would a controller not be far better for that style of play then?! Don't know how people can use a K+M in that scenario.....

Going back to oddysyey at some point as I need to try out the Atlantis dlc that I got free. Think it's the 1st episode... Either way I'm not looking forward to the free flowing nature of the game.

Would like to give that dlc a go but meh to the gameplay/feel itself :p

Man of Honour
Surely would a controller not be far better for that style of play then?! Don't know how people can use a K+M in that scenario.....

Not for me, I'm hopeless with a controller, I've played every Assassins Creed and every Witcher with K+M , in fact, every 3rd person online, offline and MMO that Ive ever played I've played with K+M, it feels more natural to me and tbh I'm way way more accomplished with K+M than I am with controller :)

Associate
I ended up ordering from voidu £44 so not a bad price, probably a while before any discount and really really want to play it :)

Soldato
Ha! Yup, exactly :D

Don't forget the cleaning your guns every 15 minutes to ensure best performance, eating food, feeding and brushing your horse etc. etc.

But your doing those things on a vaseline 30fps experience now on ps4 and keep going back to play it because it's so good, so what's the problem lol. Everything will just be better on pc and you know it

Soldato
Not for me, I'm hopeless with a controller, I've played every Assassins Creed and every Witcher with K+M , in fact, every 3rd person online, offline and MMO that Ive ever played I've played with K+M, it feels more natural to me and tbh I'm way way more accomplished with K+M than I am with controller :)

I'm exactly the same. There are a few game types where I may use a controller such as platform or driving game, but on the whole I use keyboard and mouse wherever possible and find it feels totally natural. I could probably play most of it with a controller if I had to, but as soon as there is any aiming of a gun involved...

I was perfectly happy playing GTA V with a keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've pre-ordered through RS. I don't buy a ton of games so not too fussed about paying full price occasionally. It's all pre-loaded ready to go. Seriously looking forward to it, I almost caved and bought it for the PS4 at one point!

Associate
I think my Xbox is pretty much just a Netflix/Prime streaming device 90% of the time, used to boot it up for a few Xbox exclusives but the PC Game Pass has probably now made it a 99.9% streaming machine.

It's not too bad having Virgin blocked in my area... Zen's got me covered with a 68Mbps FTTC connection and a nice bit of kit. If I'm willing to pay a bit more they can get me up to 125Mpbs but the current download rate is enough for my needs.

Well at least it's getting some use I guess lol. Mine's a glorified paper weight! Red dead 2 needs to be played on PC hacking since GTA to death on xbox then PC they were world's apart.

To be honest BT 52mb when I had that was enough, it's the upload speed I need.

Soldato
I caved and got special edition for 55 off rockstar
As did I, If its half as good as the original i'd consider it worth it. The original was hands down the biggest surprise and most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in the last decade.
Its got big boots to fill and I'm sure being a sequel it wont meet those same standards, but I still cant wait.

Associate
As did I, If its half as good as the original i'd consider it worth it. The original was hands down the biggest surprise and most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in the last decade.
Its got big boots to fill and I'm sure being a sequel it wont meet those same standards, but I still cant wait.

It is a prequel not a sequel :) I finished this on the one X and it is much better in every way. Can't wait to play it again on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom