Red Dead Redemption 2

Man of Honour
Looks promising on the red dead online front...been playing all morning and havent had a single 2001006 error, hopefully that means they have fixed that online issue :)

Associate
What do you guys use to take screenshots, mine always come out looking blurry like below.

rdr2.png

Associate
I've recently upgraded to a 3600 on an Aorus B450 Pro and was running the "latest" bios (F42f) which gave full ABBA support (AGESA 1.0.0.3) and works great with everything until RDR2, tried all the fixes and proved that it worked or at least started the game using the ropey GTAV launcher thing.

Flashed the BIOS back to the F40 which has AGESA 1.0.0.2 and lo and behold RDR2 runs up a charm, performance is decent once I've tweaked to what I think is an acceptable level.

Oh running at 1080p on a 1060 6gb.

I have a sneaky thought that the DRM embedded in the launched is having some weird conflict with AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA, sadly It might be a month before AGESA 1.0.0.4 is out for my board.

Clearly not enough testing was done by R* before launch and they don't know now how to fix it, I have had a support ticket logged for almost 48 hours now and silence from R* is deafening.

Flashing a BIOS shouldn't be a fix to launch a game, I can see many inexperienced users bricking their systems trying to get it working.

For me this is a worse launch than Arkham Knight!

Caporegime
Kind of glad I held off picking this up now! So many people having issues, but a few also having no problems. I’ll pick it up after Christmas I think.

Soldato
Couldn’t agree more. I completed chapter 1 on PS4 before stopping and waiting for the pc release.

I’ve compared today and true 4k 60hz hdr is a whole new level compared to the pro. The pro looks downscaled, blurry and noticeable less detailed and sharp in comparison, not to mention the 30fps or less slideshow.

The blur is due to the way Pro upscales to 4k in this game, it's borked. I played the entire game on a 1080p display and it looked really good. At 1080p it also has less drops than the One X even (meaning it doesn't drop at all) but most people probably played in the borked 4k mode.

PC obviously looks noticeably better but still.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Flashed the BIOS back to the F40 which has AGESA 1.0.0.2 and lo and behold RDR2 runs up a charm, performance is decent once I've tweaked to what I think is an acceptable level.

Oh running at 1080p on a 1060 6gb.

I have a sneaky thought that the DRM embedded in the launched is having some weird conflict with AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA, sadly It might be a month before AGESA 1.0.0.4 is out for my board.

Its what I had to do, Keeping an eye on the Gigabyte site to. But at least Destiny 2 launches with 1.0.0.2 if I recall that's the bios people were having trouble with (a update was already out when I got my 3700x) so will leave it as it is for the moment.

Man of Honour
Maxed out at 1440p mate, not that impressed at all tbh. Game is ok but certainly nothing special.

Can I ask, what games graphics do impress you, just so that we have a bar by which to judge that comment. I think RDR2 aesthetically looks absolutely stunning. I certainly in no way, if I was being truly honest and objective, would describe the graphics as nothing special. Easily up there with AC Origins and AC Odyssey, two recent titles which I also thought looked aesthetically and atmospherically stunning.

Associate
Can I ask, what games graphics do impress you, just so that we have a bar by which to judge that comment. I think RDR2 aesthetically looks absolutely stunning. I certainly in no way, if I was being truly honest and objective, would describe the graphics as nothing special. Easily up there with AC Origins and AC Odyssey, two recent titles which I also thought looked aesthetically and atmospherically stunning.

I thought AC Odyssey looked garbage too tbh mate. Battlefield 5 now that is impressive. This is nothing special for me personally, really don't like it. Don't rate the graphics and really dislike the gameplay but that is my own personal opinion, each to their own. Have asked for a refund.

Associate
GTAV Graphics where stunning, this is not in the same league as GTAV if you ask me. GTAV was a great game in every way for single player experience. Loved Witcher 3 graphics too. Hopefully my refund goes through so I can get this off my pc.

Associate
GTAV Graphics where stunning, this is not in the same league as GTAV if you ask me. GTAV was a great game in every way for single player experience. Loved Witcher 3 graphics too. Hopefully my refund goes through so I can get this off my pc.

Why are you refunding it?

Man of Honour
I thought AC Odyssey looked garbage too tbh mate. Battlefield 5 now that is impressive. This is nothing special for me personally, really don't like it. Don't rate the graphics and really dislike the gameplay but that is my own personal opinion, each to their own. Have asked for a refund.

I can understand you wanting a refund, tbf you've not had much positive to say about the game at all so makes sense for you to refund it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the graphics then because I think RDR2, AC Origins and AC Odyssey are all terrific looking games, on a par with BF1 and BF5 for me. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course and its human nature to see more negative things where youve already got a lot of negative feelings toward (and vice versa)

Man of Honour

Well you can get it off your PC right now, no need to wait for the refund for that at least, always nice to get 110+ Gb of space back :)

Back
Top Bottom