Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Can I ask, what games graphics do impress you, just so that we have a bar by which to judge that comment. I think RDR2 aesthetically looks absolutely stunning. I certainly in no way, if I was being truly honest and objective, would describe the graphics as nothing special. Easily up there with AC Origins and AC Odyssey, two recent titles which I also thought looked aesthetically and atmospherically stunning.

Have to side with you on that one. I get opinions and all but there isn't a single game out with equally impressive weather, details, environments and lighting. Saint Denis is nuts.
Can't quite fathom how BF5 looks better, especially that it's a map-based shooter.
Arthur's pupils dilute FFS, and sun shines through his ears and nose, how is such attention to detail not impressive, and it's only two of an enormous list list of details.

Associate
I can understand you wanting a refund, tbf you've not had much positive to say about the game at all so makes sense for you to refund it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the graphics then because I think RDR2, AC Origins and AC Odyssey are all terrific looking games, on a par with BF1 and BF5 for me. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course and its human nature to see more negative things where youve already got a lot of negative feelings toward (and vice versa of course)

Yeah games are defo personal taste, this unfortunately is a bit of a mess. Lesson learned for me though mate, this is the 2nd time I bought on the Rockstar launcher and will be the last. As good as GTAV was single player the online experience was horrific, so for me I can't trust Rockstar again moving forward.

Man of Honour
Yeah games are defo personal taste, this unfortunately is a bit of a mess. Lesson learned for me though mate, this is the 2nd time I bought on the Rockstar launcher and will be the last. As good as GTAV was single player the online experience was horrific, so for me I can't trust Rockstar again moving forward.

I can understand, for instance after the complete toss that BF5 was and how its almost single handedly destroyed one of my favourite game franchises, I'll never touch another BF game in all probability, so I can see why you would be that way toward Rockstar after your experiences. Shame for your 7 mates though who have just managed to get it working only for you to refund anyway but no sense in continuing to play a game that you hate.

Associate
I can understand, for instance after the complete toss that BF5 was and how its almost single handedly destroyed once of my favourite game franchises, I'll never touch another BF game in all probability, so I can see why you would be that way toward Rockstar after your experiences. Shame for your 7 mates though who have just managed to get it working only for you to refund anyway but no sense in continuing to play a game that you hate.

I am refunding my own copy mate, I helped them all getting theirs to work but I don't think they will refund there own copies, not really spoke to them about that. Will wait for Cyberpunk now, a developer who knows what they are doing ;)

Man of Honour
I am refunding my own copy mate, I helped them all getting theirs to work but I don't think they will refund there own copies, not really spoke to them about that. Will wait for Cyberpunk now, a developer who knows what they are doing ;)

Sadly, a developer only knows what they are doing until the time that they dont. Many developers have been held on a pedestal until suddenly they fall off of it... Bullfrog, Blizzard, Bethesda, Dice, Bioware, the list goes on and on. I've high hopes for Cyberpunk but if I'm honest, its got just as much chance of ending up another AAA mess as any other company. Fingers crossed is all we can hope for and hope that promises are delivered on.

Associate
Sadly, a developer only knows what they are doing until the time that they dont. Many developers have been held on a pedestal until suddenly they fall off of it... Bullfrog, Blizzard, Bethesda, Dice, Bioware, the list goes on and on. I've high hopes for Cyberpunk but if I'm honest, its got just as much chance of ending up another AAA mess as any other company. Fingers crossed is all we can hope for and hope that promises are delivered on.

Bethesda I can't stand, literally the worst developer on Steam for me. I would imagine that CD Projeckt will get Cyberpunk spot on just like they did with the Witcher 3 mate. Rockstar just refunded me thank god for that mess.

Man of Honour
Bethesda I can't stand, literally the worst developer on Steam for me. I would imagine that CD Projeckt will get Cyberpunk spot on just like they did with the Witcher 3 mate. Rockstar just refunded me thank god for that mess.

We can hope but until CDP actually do deliver I will keep myself grounded. As proven by almost every developer in history, past success is no guarantee of future success. Heres to hoping !

Associate
We can hope but until CDP actually do deliver I will keep myself grounded. As proven by almost every developer in history, past success is no guarantee of future success. Heres to hoping !

True mate, fingers defo crossed for CD Projeckt. Have to find another game to play now I no longer have rdr2 lol

Soldato
Just putting this out here, Cyberpunk will be a huge disappointment as it's being but on the highest pedestal ever. Witcher 3 was absolute garbage, no idea why everyone faps over CDPR. Huge downgrade, boring pointless sidequests, a horrible combat system.....I could go on.

Point is, we all have different opinions, if you dont like something then just move on.

Associate
Just putting this out here, Cyberpunk will be a huge disappointment as it's being but on the highest pedestal ever. Witcher 3 was absolute garbage, no idea why everyone faps over CDPR. Huge downgrade, boring pointless sidequests, a horrible combat system.....I could go on.

Point is, we all have different opinions, if you dont like something then just move on.

Witcher 3 was the best game on PC by a country mile imo. Hence the reviews and 93/100 (Overwhelmingly Positive). But each to their own. Not many games get reviews like that nowadays, if rdr2 was released on Steam right now it was have Overwhemingly Negative I would bet my house on that haha

Soldato
GTAV Graphics where stunning, this is not in the same league as GTAV if you ask me. GTAV was a great game in every way for single player experience. Loved Witcher 3 graphics too. Hopefully my refund goes through so I can get this off my pc.

Be interesting to see what Rockstars refund policy is. If you were one of the many people it wouldn't work for I could understand it, but asking for a refund because you don't think it looks stunning could be a stretch. Steam have a decent refund policy, but I think you'd even be out of luck with them as it sounds like you've probably put a few hours in.

Associate
Be interesting to see what Rockstars refund policy is. If you were one of the many people it wouldn't work for I could understand it, but asking for a refund because you don't think it looks stunning could be a stretch. Steam have a decent refund policy, but I think you'd even be out of luck with them as it sounds like you've probably put a few hours in.

I asked for a refund because the game is crap, not because of how the game looks mate. I put 3 hours in only, couldn't take anymore of that story.

Associate
Maxed pot would be 8x MSAA and I can guarantee you’re not running that :p

Yes I was running on that, maxed out is maxed out mate ;) Ran great, that is the only thing the game did well. I posted earlier saying I had no performance issues with this game, the issues where not mine they where people I know and the broken launcher (Which going from Twitter and Reddit is very very much broken for a lot of people).

Soldato
Witcher 3 was the best game on PC by a country mile imo. Hence the reviews and 93/100 (Overwhelmingly Positive). But each to their own.

Yep exactly, we all like different things.

Plenty of my friends on pc uninstalled Witcher 3 as it was dull as dish water but for others greatest thing since slice bread. I even reinstalled it a few months back with mods thinking I didnt give it a fair crack at launch, but within a day it came straight off my system again. One of the biggest over hyped POS games out there.

Back
Top Bottom