• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Permabanned
We'll see.

According to your analysis AMD would not be getting a 12 core CPU also, and we all know how that turned out. Maybe when the 3000 series comes out in first half of 2020 I will stick this quote in my sig lol :p

There is some misunderstanding. I do argue that AMD didn't release a mainstream 12-core CPU, which is true with the current price of 559-599 pounds.
It's a high-end desktop 12-core CPU hugely not popular worldwide.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There is some misunderstanding. I do argue that AMD didn't release a mainstream 12-core CPU, which is true with the current price of 559-599 pounds.
It's a high-end desktop 12-core CPU hugely not popular worldwide.
Dude, the price was so good they could not keep them on the shelves. Current prices are people gauging. The release price was $499. When you consider what that got you from intel not so long ago you can see it is actually a good price. Many people were paying similar for 9900K's were they not? At least for binned one's.

I agree with you it would have been great if they could have made it for £300 or something, but trouble is the market is clearly happy to pay £499. The days of AMD releasing stuff super competitive are long gone.

Soldato
The only reason why they had to price them competitively was that was the only angle they had. Now that they actually have the superior product why not price them appropriately if the market is there.

They're still good 'value' but they dont have to undercut Intel anymore to sell the CPU as their sales tactic.

Man of Honour
Exactly, wccftech themselves posted the rumour about NVidia sampling Ampere to AIB's only a few days ago, they cannot both be correct. Unless of course sampling one is the smaller die 3080/70's and the delayed is the larger 3080ti die cards.

Who knows it's all conjecture and rumour at this point. Only time will tell.

I believe you are kind of right - it doesn't look like Turing is going away this year but that is only half the story.

Soldato
New GPU's delayed ? RTX 2080 Ti 'Super' coming q1 2020 now. 'Rumoured'.
Probably a marketing technique to keep the market sweet on the current gen :) - delays of forthcoming next gen gpu.

When the £900 discounted 2080 TI's appear and people get overwhelmed by the relative "bargain" of the nostalgic Ti branded top end 20 series gpu, that'll be not long before the 30 series arrives :).
It'll be interesting what prices black Friday and post-Xmas brings. Maybe a decent indicator of how far off the next gen is.

bru

bru

Soldato
They didn't provide any link for source and confirmation in that article - https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ampere-...higher-clocks-more-vram-lower-tdps-vs-turing/
Everything in it is made-up in the best case by educated guess. Mostly BS.

Basically it was a rumour based on the same information that @Grim5 posted back on the 21 oct, that came from the Nvidia redit.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33098733/

Of course doesn't mean it isn't full of it though.

Currently all we have to go on is conflicting rumours, only time will tell what turns out to be true.:)

Soldato
They're claiming 4k 60fps if the connection is upwards of 35Mb. K&M support as well, apparently.

“4K” is just the resolution, at what level of detail though?

166ms input lag on a 200mb Google connection IIRC. No thanks.

We need a real world review and testing of this as we only have Google and DF’s utter crap first look.

Soldato
The rumours are getting ridiculous now. The same article that say a 2080ti super is coming also say Ampere is delayed because Nvidia isn't going to use 7nm anymore, it's now going to use Samsung's 5nm... comon.. Are we really expected to believe Samsung will have mass production 5nm ready in 2020 for Ampere?

Caporegime
Damn, all this isn’t good news for my bank balance. I’m getting graphics card addiction. First I got a Vega 64 for my new pc, then I wanted even more power, so splashed out £550 on a 2070 super, now I’m looking at a 2080Ti so I can play red dead at 60fps solid on ultra settings, then I hear about 2080Ti supers and 3080’s! Agh! It’s too much!

I’m nvidias bitch aren’t I?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'll take the Ampere delay as clever marketing by Nvidia, just in time for the holiday season. They have a lot of Turing that they need to shift.
This is my thoughts too to be honest. If I was at nvidia’s marketing department, I know I would be doing it. You can see how popular wccftech is, lots of desperate people happy to accept fake news, might as well use that tool no?

wccftech = fake news, simple as that. They have been caught dozens of times. They are clever too, just make sure most of what you do is legit and stick some exciting fake rumours in there to get clicks.

Yes Rob, yes. Yes you are! Just like me...
Lol. Someone has to pay for those leather jackets :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Most recently I went RTX 2080 (Blower Card) > GTX 1660 Ti (Stop Gap) > RTX 2080 S:)))

xD

Is MSI Ventus RTX 2080 Super OC, well built solid performance.

Lol. Nice upgrade there going from a 2080 to a 2080S :p

You should have got a 2080Ti from the start and be done with it. But i think you are like me and enjoy trying out different cards. For me it also depends on what I am playing at the time and if I need the grunt.

How much did you pay for the 2080$?

Back
Top Bottom