• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Has there been any fixes this year relating to random screen flashes? I get it sometimes but only ever on the desktop (never in games) and only ever on my primary monitor. I haven't updated my drivers in ages so just wondering if this was ever a known issue.

It's off, anything else could be causing it? I am trying to RMA the card due to really noisy fans (ticking sound, not fan sound), perhaps I've got a duff card?

If you guys are using Display Port but they are not VESA Certified cables then you need to buy one.

Non certified cables cause flickering etc. I have been reading up on this recently and most monitors supply non certified cables.

From AMD Robert on Reddit..

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...liday_reminder_on_quality_displayport_cables/

Accell and Club3D do certified cables but they can cost around £20.

Soldato
Load of ****, i never had any issues using the cable supplied with my monitor when i had my 64.

They is a very good chance that cable was certified my BenQ one also was. I made sure I bought a certified cable again when getting a longer one. What he is saying above is supposed to be true Loadsa. displays blacking out to flickering when using freesync etc on a poor cheap cable. Am not saying go out and spend £100 on a cable lol I bought mine for £10

Soldato
I have played the game with both drivers with no issues myself.

I found the culprit, it seems linked directly to screen effects. Anything higher than high and I get the white screen flashes and bright coloured light blooms on screen. I can put everything else to ultra no problems, but as soon as I bump up the screen effects to very high or ultra it appears.

I tell you what though, this driver is massively nicer than the 19.9.3 that i was using before. Everything is so smooth and looks brilliant now with Radeon Image Sharpening. I can deal with high screen effects and ultra everything else. Very happy now

Associate
Has there been any fixes this year relating to random screen flashes? I get it sometimes but only ever on the desktop (never in games) and only ever on my primary monitor. I haven't updated my drivers in ages so just wondering if this was ever a known issue.

I've been getting this too. Looks like we have pretty similar systems. Primary monitor is a 27" Samsung CHG70.

They had this under fixed issues for 19.10.1 "Some displays may intermittently flash black when Radeon FreeSync is enabled and the system is at idle or on desktop." - I'm using 19.10.1 but still experience it occasionally.

Soldato
Load of ****, i never had any issues using the cable supplied with my monitor when i had my 64.

Actually the cable came with the 2730Z was just DP1.1 and Freesync wasn't working. That was May 2015.

Upgraded to a rated Club3d DP 1.2a which worked for a period, however had 3 full monitor replacements after every 6 months (reason I will buy Benq again due to superb UK based support) due to severe flickering.
(I have posted the issues on the 2730Z discussion here).

Since upgraded to DP1.4 HBR3 cable, I have the current (replacement) monitor 2 years (to next month) straight without issues.

Soldato
Actually the cable came with the 2730Z was just DP1.1 and Freesync wasn't working. That was May 2015.

Upgraded to a rated Club3d DP 1.2a which worked for a period, however had 3 full monitor replacements after every 6 months (reason I will buy Benq again due to superb UK based support) due to severe flickering.
(I have posted the issues on the 2730Z discussion here).

Since upgraded to DP1.4 HBR3 cable, I have the current (replacement) monitor 2 years (to next month) straight without issues.

The same monitor bought on release and I had no issue with Freesync or flickering even sent my monitor to BenQ for the firmware update that's how new freesync was then. The cable is also on the VESA Certified website.

Associate
Alright, so i was hoping to use that Radeon Tool software to replace Radeon settings as these seem to be causing most of the stutter i get in DayZ. Or am i mistaken and this tool was for Ryzen?

Anyway i have uninstalled Radeon settings and most of the stutter has gone away but i really need to have some access to some settings..

Does anybody remember this Radeon Tool and have a link please?

I have RadeonMod installed but would like to try this other tool first if possible.

Cheers.

Associate
Anyone have issues with Freesync recently? It used to work flawlessly for me until around a month ago, it is on in the monitor OSD and the Radeon drivers but just doesnt work. Monitor Hz just sticks to 144hz instead of fluctuating with the framerate.

Soldato
If you guys are using Display Port but they are not VESA Certified cables then you need to buy one.
I am using the cable that came with my monitor so I'm sure it's fine. I also haven't had this issue forever...I can't remember when it started though. Maybe with my new motherboard/CPU/RAM or with the 1903 update.

Permabanned
Thinking of buying a 5700, what state are the drivers in currently? Seen far too many people complaining and it's putting me off from buying!

I have zero issues with my Radeon RX 560X and Vega 8. Support seems pretty perfect so far.
I don't know what type of complaints the users with RX 5700 could have?

But why?

It doesn't change anything apart from AMD paid Microsoft for the digital signature.

Because beta is beta, I want something else (better) to try. I mean I expect some tested and proven new features and more performance to come.

Soldato
I have zero issues with my Radeon RX 560X and Vega 8. Support seems pretty perfect so far.
I don't know what type of complaints the users with RX 5700 could have?

Because beta is beta, I want something else (better) to try. I mean I expect some tested and proven new features and more performance to come.

You won't get a digitally signed driver all the time you be waiting for a driver like 3 times a year by only updating when its WHQL. Nothing else changes, in fact, the time I remember AMD having driver issues a few years back was, in fact, a signed driver.

Caporegime
5700XT had a load of driver issues, I built three different rigs with them and dual monitors were border line broken.

It's all ironed out now as far as I can tell.
Although wish I could say my AM4 X570 was stable ha.

Back
Top Bottom