Incriminating evidence in dicaplinery hearing

Associate
Just say I have some evidence of incompetence on a member of management, the type of evidence that would put me on disciplinary if It was me.

Would this evidence help someone that is on disciplinary due to incompetence in their hearing?

A little bit of background.

This is a new manager who changed a service sheet from what was being used for many years to a different one. Which resulted in perished tyres which was spotted but not put down on the new sheet. Spotted because it’s oblivious when noting Tyre size and tread depth.

My evidence includes a welder, mild steel wire, stainless steel flexy pipe, pidgion poop, a while tube of silicone and a smoking car given back to a customer.

Edit my bad. my spelling is old, I blame bad age

Soldato
From your wording it makes it sounds like Employee A's and the managers incompetence are unrelated. In which case no, it wouldn't help Employee A in their disciplinary.

However, if you're saying that because the manager changed the service sheet and made it worse leading to Employee A missing required maintenance / work. Evidence of this is the same manager has also made mistakes due to the service sheet not being fit for purpose. Then yes, it may help. Though even then I'd think you'd be on shaky ground as if you can't clearly highlight the correlation between the service sheet changing and the quality of work dropping it comes across almost as blackmail.

Caporegime
I think Greboth explained my opinion well, it might be better coming from the person defending themselves though. I wouldn't try to stick it to your manager unnecessarily, just get the guy defending himself to highlight matters and back him up if necessary.

Caporegime
OP: If it pleases the Court, my evidence includes a welder, mild steel wire, stainless steel flexy pipe, pidgion poop, a while tube of silicone and a smoking car given back to a customer.

Judge: WTF DUDE

OP: pidgion poop

Judge: LOL, case adjourned!

OP hitting some home runs on the straight to DVD releases :thumbs up:

Soldato
If the welding, pigeon poo and smoking customers car were directly related to another procedure changed by the new Manager, I can see how this might help your mate to establish the incompetence of said manager.

Soldato
My evidence includes a welder, mild steel wire, stainless steel flexy pipe, pidgion poop, a while tube of silicone and a smoking car given back to a customer.
I don't recall a post on this site that has wanted me to know the full background story, as much as this one line :D

Soldato
This is a new manager who changed a service sheet from what was being used for many years to a different one. Which resulted in perished tyres which was spotted but not put down on the new sheet. Spotted because it’s oblivious when noting Tyre size and tread depth.

So you someone noticed the perished tyres but didn't say anything about it because there wasn't a box to write it in the service sheet?
I think it would be difficult to put all the blame on whoever changed the service sheet in that scenario.

Associate
OP
From your wording it makes it sounds like Employee A's and the managers incompetence are unrelated. In which case no, it wouldn't help Employee A in their disciplinary.

However, if you're saying that because the manager changed the service sheet and made it worse leading to Employee A missing required maintenance / work. Evidence of this is the same manager has also made mistakes due to the service sheet not being fit for purpose. Then yes, it may help. Though even then I'd think you'd be on shaky ground as if you can't clearly highlight the correlation between the service sheet changing and the quality of work dropping it comes across almost as blackmail.
Didt miss it just didt write it down at the moment as he has to recall what is put down on the sheet to complete a service sheet that we give to the customer.

Used to get a job card where we write everything down then with clean hands we fill out the service sheet, this service sheet is given to the customer.
The jobcard has a box for each Tyre and under that there’s a comment box where we would put down condition of tyres.

This new sheet is three pages has no place for thread depths and a comment box on last sheet, this sheet gets given to customer smudged up.

Was hoping for my evidence to show the higher ups what a sp••• bubble this manager is. Personally I would have had a team talk and introduce any changes, ask for opinions

Associate
OP
So you someone noticed the perished tyres but didn't say anything about it because there wasn't a box to write it in the service sheet?
I think it would be difficult to put all the blame on whoever changed the service sheet in that scenario.
Some times there’s so much to put down it helps if all the info is in one easy to find place, ie bottom half of job card instead of three pages where ever you can find room, I believe it was going down but whilst trying to figure out a system where he can find all info it got missed. On the job card you measure and record the tread depth, record the Tyre size and while doing that you notice the perished tyres you put it down in the box under the Tyre depths.
Any other issues go under the Tyre section

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom