TV Licence Super Thread

Permabanned
Stupid BBC needs to get a new regulation out. I don’t care what it is as long as they stop hassling people. I bet it costs more to send letters out and to employ door knockers than it costs to actually get money in from chasing people.

how many letters can be sent out for £12 a month from 1 person.

What about the people that are paying and actually don’t even watch any live tv.

Soldato
Stupid BBC needs to get a new regulation out. I don’t care what it is as long as they stop hassling people. I bet it costs more to send letters out and to employ door knockers than it costs to actually get money in from chasing people.

how many letters can be sent out for £12 a month from 1 person.

What about the people that are paying and actually don’t even watch any live tv.

Unlike their competitors they don't have to be efficient with money. They just go cap in hand to the government if they need a cash boost.

They need to stop being treated like they are still the only broadcaster in the UK. Those times are long gone.

Soldato
I moved house 2 months ago.
The other day I got the letter will you be in on such a date as an inspector is coming.

:D

I moved about 6 weeks ago and got a letter within the first 2 weeks giving us 10 days to cough up, obviously ignored it as we don't even have an aerial attached to the TV and only use other streaming services.

Apparently they'll be visiting soon, good luck.

Soldato

It's fear mongering more than anything else, if all the people that don't need a licence suddenly stopped paying it the BBC would be hit harder than people think, and it's only going to get worse for them as people flock to subscription services and stop consuming regular/old fashioned broadcast media.

I know a shocking number of people, especially elderly people, who do not need a licence and yet pay for one out of fear of being taken to court or harassed. These people don't bother with live tv, they do not use iPlayer (some of them don't even know what iPlayer is), they do not watch BBC channels. A handful have tried to stop, but a couple of months of harassing letters and even knocks on the door has seen them cave in and pay just to make it all stop. As for the people saying "let them into your home" -- they have NO RIGHT to enter your home, Capita are acting as salesmen as much as 'enforcement' agents. Even if you do let them in, they're known to lie and mislead, they try to trick people into saying incriminating things even when they're not doing anything wrong. They are highly manipulative and untrustworthy people who have monthly targets they need to meet, and they'll do their utmost to do just that regardless of who they have to step on.

Last edited:
Soldato
I stopped paying TV licence in September last year and have not missed it one bit. I haven't received any letters from them about it since then either.

I imagine the number of people who do pay will continue to decline with the popularity of streaming services.

Soldato
they should cut the license fee by 80% the BBC should be able to slum it on 1 billion, id not mind bunging them £30 a years that's about what they are worth... it might bring the cost of other TV services down as SKY ( for instance) don't have to compete with the BBC to get sporting events

Soldato
Not watched live TV for over a decade now, and not watched iplayer since the change. Don't miss it one bit, still get to see some of the BBC stuff on other streaming stuff... like last kingdom on netflix.

I do tell them I don't need a license every 2 years though, cba dealing with the goons.

Caporegime
The way these folks harrass you is unbelievable,its like the kgb,no wonder the licence fee is so high its having to pay the gestapo to hound you all the time

It does keep em off your back for 6 months a time if you fill in the form and say its not needed,but the way they word the letters is not nice

Back
Top Bottom