Kryonaut abrasive??

Man of Honour
Disappointing….. you always have the option to post of their facebook or twitter as these tend to get a lot more views so they're more likely to respond.

Is it worth signing up to unsocial media to get a resolution...….. your call.

Just a quick update, I've had a reply from TG, the first response to my email went AWOL, but I'm now in contact with them, so hopefully all will be sorted quickly? :)

Associate
Don't get too excited about the replacement tube,. They gave me a paypal settlement thank you but the promised replacement tube has never arrived.
Still the paypal settlement was more than I expected so I have not bothered them about the missing replacement tube.

Associate
Hello guys,
Same problem here with a Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut included in an EK Velocity AMD D-RGB Waterblock.
y4ma6MDWCUZmNJiFeEu1TG9QMzkuiu9fuG47Xq45GGFl9yw_PdvdihEoIYuORK-Rpj098EjKPBhbAgnXREtdfFkXStdFCnoxJUgyO3DbJ9GP8ltf8hgwqOdZwywdOt0U3-ccN0OeDrMTArRQxnLA6s45wqn5asCI3DuJDZeU08yMW7OdpiGLcfS5GEId0m7C81dp3SDkVsSIqjATL4Icjy6rw

I send the email for support.
Thanks for all of your information about that guys.

Last edited:
Soldato
oh dear. I hope that this problem had gone away with that bad batch now being consumed and replaced. I just ordered some more kryonaut tonight!

They don't have their story straight unfortunately. They said just one batch from early 2018. Mine was from late 2017 (checked receipt and all). Then they (Thermal Grizzly) assured that all stock now at OcUK wouldn't be from the "bad batch" and that was wrong as well. Fortunately they seem to be making it up to those (who know they've been) affected and who would like compensation.

Associate
They don't have their story straight unfortunately. They said just one batch from early 2018. Mine was from late 2017 (checked receipt and all). Then they (Thermal Grizzly) assured that all stock now at OcUK wouldn't be from the "bad batch" and that was wrong as well. Fortunately they seem to be making it up to those (who know they've been) affected and who would like compensation.
I am now worried that I wont realise that I have a bad batch until several years down the line.

Permabanned
Mine was bought DEC 2017 and I used it in 2018 but it was so crap with GPU temps the same as any other TIM inc Stock I had to redo a few time and the tube is tiny but expensive, as I said in the other Kryonaut thread I like many in there do not rate it and ended up going with Liquid Metal on CPU DIE/IHS/Cooler and GPU and it was simply to do and far cooler and still no issues (I did liquid Electrical Tape the SMD's)

Associate
I use Kryonaut, delid regularly, and never had a problem. Paste from an OcUK order dated 9th Jan 2020 resulted in the attached photo :( I didn't know about this issue so I emailed TG support to ask if they changed the formulation to be similar to IC Diamond and then found this thread. I then asked OcUK about this and they are aware of the issue and advised me to try contacting TG support again.
20200214-173347.jpg

Soldato
I use Kryonaut, delid regularly, and never had a problem. Paste from an OcUK order dated 9th Jan 2020 resulted in the attached photo :( I didn't know about this issue so I emailed TG support to ask if they changed the formulation to be similar to IC Diamond and then found this thread. I then asked OcUK about this and they are aware of the issue and advised me to try contacting TG support again.
20200214-173347.jpg
@TG-Support

Associate
Thank you, I forgot to add the tag.

I was really surprised when this happened. I'm pretty meticulous(some say ridiculous) when it comes to delidding and having checked everything I originally concluded I made a mistake, then thought maybe there was a paste formulation change that I didn't check for.

btw I'm positive the temps and performance aren't affected by these scratches but this really kills the resale value.

It is an i7-7700k :(

Last edited:
Associate
It is almost 6 weeks since I first contacted TG and OcUK will only refer me to contacting TG. It looks like the hardest part is getting in contact but once you're in contact TG are very good to help.

Should I just mark this down to bad luck and difficult communication and move on? Just really bad luck and maybe my emails are being filtered accidentally. I am hesitant to use Kryonaut again because this cpu has been sitting on a shelf and I will have to swap it into my personal machine as I can't afford to sell it with this damage.

Soldato
Considering how recently it was bought I'd say TG need to take a look at the situation anew. If paste is being retailed in 2020 that has this fault, I'd be concerned there's no way to know any other Kyronaut on the market is safe to use.

Back
Top Bottom