• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dirty Nvidia

Associate
Hey guys,

So my brother just picked up a 2080ti and he got COD free with it, so he planned on installing COD on his sons PC who uses 1080ti's, however you have to use crappy Nvidia Experience and if it doesn't see that exact card it refuses to install. I am stunned by Nvidia's choices here again, AMD would never do this. So now he has a useless code that he already owns. Nvidia have done this to stop people selling the codes or trading them, but that should be the buyers choice, disgusting really and certainly makes me question why I personally use Nvidia.

Associate
OP
It's part of the RTX promotion so naturally they want it to be on the newer range.

Awful really mate from Nvidia, Nvidia and Intel don't half make some shoddy choices. I bought my own son a GPU months back from AMD and never had anything like this, was able to activate the codes on different computers no problem.

Soldato
It does state once you get the promotion that it has to be a 20xx series. You should have logged into his account on your PC to redeem and then gotten him to log back into his account to install.

EDit: Put your card in his PC to install and then change it back over.

Associate
OP
It does state once you get the promotion that it has to be a 20xx series. You should have logged into his account on your PC to redeem and then gotten him to log back into his account to install.

Yeah it's for his son mate, I will tell him to try that but what a stupid choice Nvidia made to limit these in such a way. They trying to lose customers or something, certainly going the right way.

Associate
OP
So the whole thing is a non issue then as the game is an 18 rated one and by the time he's old enough it won't be worth playing.;)

Haha as if anyone actually follows that rofl. If you let your children play only games rated for his or her age, they would have such a poor selection of games it wouldn't be worth letting them game. I remember doing that on my kids PS4's, actually putting their ages and they couldn't play hardly anything. Had to phone up and change it all over to mine, was a pain.

Associate
OP
I just told him to do it the way some of you said, just bang the card in his son's pc and install it and then remove it again, just a bit silly really that we have to do that. When I buy my 3960x I will see how Rysen does it.

Soldato
Its well known the code is only redeemed on a RTX card. Its pretty clear surprised you missed it.
Anyway its easy to redeem for a non RTX card even if you have already redeemed it yourself, done it myself on here for another forum member with a non RTX card! Even that is easy to find if you google it !!!

Also just put the 2080ti in the sons PC and redeem it then take it out and put the 1080ti back in. Seriously this is a pointless thread other than a useless rant ! Merry Christmas!

Dont see why the Nvidia hate they want to sell 2xxx cards so code only works on them. Plenty of other businesses do this it makes complete sense I dont understand the hate.

eg Panasonic run cash back but only on certain models, whats the difference ??? Do you hate Panasonic too for doing this ? In this very forum ASUS cards being sold for cash back on certain models ? Do you hate ASUS/Gibbo for arrange it only on certain GPU's ?? AND the cards are AMD!

Associate
OP
Its well known the code is only redeemed on a RTX card. Its pretty clear surprised you missed it.
Anyway its easy to redeem for a non RTX card even if you have already redeemed it yourself, done it myself on here for another forum member with a non RTX card! Even that is easy to find if you google it !!!

Also just put the 2080ti in the sons PC and redeem it then take it out and put the 1080ti back in. Seriously this is a pointless thread other than a useless rant ! Merry Christmas!

I missed it because I don't and won't personally use the 2000 series cards, just was shocked by the choice Nvidia made here, very very silly. I bet he could just log in to his sons Nvidia Experience and activate it I guess.

Back
Top Bottom