**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Would I be OK playing this with a keyboard? Haven't played a flight sim game since being in primary school and even then, I barely understood what I was doing. I had a few of those flying experience lessons from Argos when I was 13-15 but never did anything since.

That clip has got me itching to play something like this again. Sad I know but I could probably spend hours doing little flights.

Associate
A joystick doesn't need to cost you much, even console controllers work. Both would be preferable to using the keyboard however if you're gentle and can anticipate how the plane will respond you can fly just on a keyboard, well for FSX/P3D not sure what FS2020 might do. You might also find there is a mouse control mode but I never got on with that.

Soldato
Would I be OK playing this with a keyboard? Haven't played a flight sim game since being in primary school and even then, I barely understood what I was doing. I had a few of those flying experience lessons from Argos when I was 13-15 but never did anything since.

That clip has got me itching to play something like this again. Sad I know but I could probably spend hours doing little flights.

I would say to get yourself a cheap joystick. Flying with your keyboard is not fun and can be very frustrating.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thrustmaster-usb-joystick-for-pc-pc-2960623-gc-053-th.html

Soldato
Always wanted to dedicate a load of free time to learning to fly. Kids are getting older now so i have a lot of spare time.

Can i pick this game up and start at flight school 101? Tempted to purchases a full set up for it

Soldato
Should be good for this. I hear there's going to be some in game guided tutorials.

What I quite liked from the video about cockpits is how there is a procedure checklist (like in FSX), but it is actually tied to the instruments so it can either a) auto complete the tasks, b) guide you through them or c) simply act as a reminder. That's something that really would have helped me when learning how to get a 747 going from cold and dark.

Back
Top Bottom