Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
[December 2, 2019] General / Miscellaneous – PC
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when running out of memory Any users experiencing memory-related error messages should check their virtual memory settings are correct by following the instructions on this support article https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038178954/
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in potential save corruption and permanent loss of progress if the player was signed out of their Social Club account while in Story Mode
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in partial lighting of hair/fur when the Resolution Scale graphical setting was set to higher than the native resolution
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when entering the Landing Page during game startup
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash during initial startup for some specific hardware configurations
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in random crashes during gameplay on systems using a Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when starting the Benchmark Tool on low-end systems
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in instability on some systems running Windows 10 Version 1090 (November 2019 Update)
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in audio stuttering/stalling when the game is running at high framerates
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in pixelated/blocky rendering artifacts on shadows during some cutscenes
  • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in rendering and lighting artifacts when the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion graphical option was set to Ultra
  • Improvements to fix several issues that resulted in rendering and lighting artifacts on some systems during gameplay
  • Improvements to fix several issues that resulted in random crashes during gameplay in Story Mode and Red Dead Online

Soldato
One thing I notice with all these fixes is that they don't mention any quest issues which is odd.
Not found any myself but I can't believe there are none, surely that's a first?

Soldato
One thing I notice with all these fixes is that they don't mention any quest issues which is odd.
Not found any myself but I can't believe there are none, surely that's a first?

TBF the game is 12 months old so any game play quirks would have been worked out before. I have had one where I did something the quest would not have expected me to do, I failed it but when I restarted there were no characters rendered in but sound.

Other than that the game has been flawless for me.

Ree

Ree

Associate
unbelievable had no crashes at all since i got my 2070s and got one just now after that update only played 5 mins if am lucky. what the hell are these guys doing.

Associate
I got the White Arabian and then a pack of wolves killed me straight away lol. Can't seem to see the horse now, even after sleeping and going the next day. Will it respawn?

Soldato
I'm in chapter 2 on the bridge to the south of camp and I heard some shouting, I looked down from the bridge and there were 2 people holding a stagecoach driver hostage. They actually killed him so I shot them both from the bridge but when I went down to search their bodies everything had disappeared?!

Associate
Only bug I've had is getting stuck in some locations but apart from that games been smooth since they have done the recent updates.

Also the biggest gain I've found with Graphics is turn of GRASS details ! makes a massive different.

Last edited:
Soldato
$300 is a lot, I don't think mine was that high after the Micah mission.

I was riding around St Denis and collided with a horse and carriage. Flew over the horse and face planted, horse fell over too and I got a $5 bounty for aggrevated assault or something. The cheek of it.

Just done The Trolley mission with Dutch. Really enjoyed that one, not checked my bounty for it yet though :D

Soldato
Don't be horrible to horses.... you will be wanted for animal cruelty..... Especially don't use dead eye to shoot a herd..... it is quite funny watching them all fall over however.

Back
Top Bottom