*** Control (Remedy Games) ***

Soldato
To the contrary, it runs poorly on consoles.
I've looked into it more and you aren't wrong. It sounds like the PC even with my spec will be the best option. The ps4 pro only hits 1080, so may aswell do the same on PC with potentially better frames. Regardless, cant find a great deal right now so will wait for a bit

Soldato
Gone for it! Runs ok on mine but only at medium 1080p. Seems like a demanding one, still looks pretty nice on these settings. Dialed a few things back from the preset too.

To the game itself, it seems really compelling so far

Soldato
Just a friendly headsup up that right now its only £22.15 on the Epic Game store due to a xmas discount & Epic £10 off voucher which you can apply to this game then you also get another £10 off voucher for any game costing £13.99 or more :D

For only £22.15 this is an absolute bargain right now & the free Expeditions DLC also launched so you get even more content plus Remedy fixed the FPS issues as well ;)

Soldato
Created an Epic account and almost grabbed it because of the sale but then I remembered it's Epic so no thanks in the end:p Too bad I gave my details away:p

Soldato
That's a shame, best game of the year imo!

It seems I can't buy it anyways since good ol' Epic doesn't allow paying with PayPal balance and I don't use credit cards. They also don't have gift cards or anything and they charge you like 7% on top for Paysafecard. With Steam I can simply pay directly using my bank's online payment service no hassle at all, On Uplay I can pay with PayPal balance.

Have to say I'm disgusted with Epic's practices and the lacklustre quality of their launcher. They pump out millions to prevent people from playing AAA titles outside their platform (even mere weeks before release which is pathetic) but can't even implement basic features like a shopping cart and burden people using certain payment methods with additional charges. I cannot in clear conscience support them no matter how good this game is, especially that Remedy has already gotten millions for the timed exclusivity deal.

I'll have to wait for the Steam release, there seems to be no way of paying without credit card anyways.

Associate
It seems I can't buy it anyways since good ol' Epic doesn't allow paying with PayPal balance and I don't use credit cards. They also don't have gift cards or anything and they charge you like 7% on top for Paysafecard. With Steam I can simply pay directly using my bank's online payment service no hassle at all, On Uplay I can pay with PayPal balance.

Have to say I'm disgusted with Epic's practices and the lacklustre quality of their launcher. They pump out millions to prevent people from playing AAA titles outside their platform (even mere weeks before release which is pathetic) but can't even implement basic features like a shopping cart and burden people using certain payment methods with additional charges. I cannot in clear conscience support them no matter how good this game is, especially that Remedy has already gotten millions for the timed exclusivity deal.

I'll have to wait for the Steam release, there seems to be no way of paying without credit card anyways.

I just bought it with my PayPal balance no problem

Soldato
I just bought it with my PayPal balance no problem

Without linked credit card? If that works, then I might cave in.

EDIT: It even states on their site that they don't accept payments via PayPal account without either a credit or debit card linked or a bank account. My bank account isn't linked to PayPal using a credit card obviously so I don't think it'll work.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a friendly headsup up that right now its only £22.15 on the Epic Game store due to a xmas discount & Epic £10 off voucher which you can apply to this game then you also get another £10 off voucher for any game costing £13.99 or more :D

For only £22.15 this is an absolute bargain right now & the free Expeditions DLC also launched so you get even more content plus Remedy fixed the FPS issues as well ;)

Thanks for that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom