• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
That sounds like AMD favouritism where you want the competition to stall so that AMD catches up.
Whatever. Nvidia have already stalled. Take away the beta test RTX nonsense and 2000 series got very little bump in performance over 10 series. And when RTX is already a year old they just rehash with the Supers. Why? Because they have no competition, so they can milk their customers for all and sundry.

Now if you interpreted my theoretical talking point as "I want them to stall" then that's your delusion, not mine. If you think I'm partisan then that's your interpretation, not truth. If the situation was reversed then I'd be talking theories and what-ifs about how Nvidia can catch up, the simple fact is right here, right now it's AMD on the catch, so that's the topic of conversation.

Of course, you could always not post in AMD GPU threads if it's truly that infuriating for you, it's not like you've actually contributed any worthwhile discussion...

And no, this is not me getting all defensive because somebody dared speak negatively of AMD, this is me raising a curiosity with your motivations and questioning why you're even here.

Soldato
I know how this forum is. People will defend AMD to the hilt and I personally don't have time to waste when some people will never, ever accept any criticism of AMD and their products.

So yeah, 5700xt best card ever. I really should just double my budget and support AMD no matter how much worse they are, right... No wait I should pretend they are on par, lol.

Nah this forum is so far up AMD's bottom you can't get honest opinion without it being drowned out in a sea of red propaganda. I'll wait to see if AMD can catch up any next year. This year is a bust for AMD GPUs. Overpriced and extremely underwhelming.

Btw I've bought more AMD cards than any other, but I'm not buying any more until they get their act together and deliver something worthy of being called a "mid-range champion" like in the days of old. Modern cards are rubbish value. From both teams.

I have a 980, had a 780 before. I am just pointing out facts of the numbers and price ranges currently which unless you are at the £500+ price point then AMD seem suitable in all segments right now from the £200 to £400 market :/

Soldato
This forum is AMD biased? No. There are some very invested posters but I have never seen it as AMD biased.

5700 and 5700 xt and great FOR THE PRICE. That's it. Nvidia can't touch them in that regard at the moment. Nvidia have etc features that AMD do not though. However... at that price range, those features are not even useable (RTX) as the cards aren't fast enough IMO.

Heck... I've recently been chirping on about the 1650 Super and 1660 Super being good cards for the price and been harping on AMD for sucking with their pricing of the 5500XT. Again, based on price/perf ratio.

If you have bucket loads of cash, then either get a Radeon VII or a 2080/2080ti, depending on who you prefer and what you do with it.

Soldato
I know how this forum is. People will defend AMD to the hilt and I personally don't have time to waste when some people will never, ever accept any criticism of AMD and their products.

Do you want me to dig your yours, Grims and Gregsters posts defending time and again everything that has to do with Nvidia? Even pointing that anyone argues about anything to do with Nvidia is because we cannot afford a 2080Ti?
Even when we had a discussion and argued that DICE admitted that knowingly gimped the BF5 reflections to make Ray Tracing look better?

Or when you have people in this very forum promoting the 1660Ti at £250 instead the 50%+ faster RX5700 at same pricepoint?

Caporegime
Do you want me to dig your yours, Grims and Gregsters posts defending time and again everything that has to do with Nvidia? Even pointing that anyone argues about anything to do with Nvidia is because we cannot afford a 2080Ti?
Even when we had a discussion and argued that DICE admitted that knowingly gimped the BF5 reflections to make Ray Tracing look better?

Or when you have people in this very forum promoting the 1660Ti at £250 instead the 50%+ faster RX5700 at same pricepoint?
You can try but you'll probably have to go back to the GTX 460 for the last time I praised an nVidia card :p

Efforts to paint me as an nVidia shill are going to fail and fail hard.

Please, be my guest. In fact I encourage you to waste your time doing so. The idea of you trying to find pro-nV posts in my posting history is highly amusing :p

Caporegime
5700 and 5700 xt and great FOR THE PRICE. That's it.
Nah they should have been 480/580 replacements. Should be £200-£250.

Just shows how compliant consumers have become in defending the recent price hikes in recent years, that a mid-range card with a tiny chip in it could be justified at £350+. Didn't it launch at closer to £500...

Yeah you can keep those "excellent prices".

Soldato
lol, I'm here because I want to be. I didn't realise I needed your permission to post.
So you're a masochist then? All you do is whinge about some perceived bias and partisanship, how cards over £200 are of no interest to you, but still moan about how AMD are overpriced and underpowered.

So why exactly do you want to be here?

Actually, forget it. Keep your delusions to yourself, I'd much rather discuss Navi and speculate on what is to come.

Caporegime
So you're a masochist then? All you do is whinge about some perceived bias and partisanship, how cards over £200 are of no interest to you, but still moan about how AMD are overpriced and underpowered.

So why exactly do you want to be here?

Actually, forget it. Keep your delusions to yourself, I'd much rather discuss Navi and speculate on what is to come.
I post here maybe once a month, probably less. You really need to chill out and stop trying to dictate who can use the forums lol.

You're very easily angered aren't you buttercup. Perhaps some stress management courses would help?

Soldato

Just shows how compliant consumers have become in defending the recent price hikes in recent years, that a mid-range card with a tiny chip in it could be justified at £350+. Didn't it launch at closer to £500...

I'm not going to disagree on that first sentence... BUT (yeah sorry that's a BUT).... the market still hasn't calmed down back to sensible levels of perf/price, so it won't get back to offering that for a while. I am hoping soon.

In a perfect world the 5700 would have been somewhere between 250 to 300 on release. The 5700 is getting closer to 250 for sure. I was very vocal at the time about the 5700 series pricing as well. Again, it was ridiculous, and the actual pricing of late shows how much people are really prepared to pay.

I think they are going the right way with Navi though. Building brand back up (unfortunately with the pricing miss steps), and the perf up again as well.

-----

Lastly.... as much as you can say that people defend AMD to the hilt about pricing. one word. Nvidia. They have taken the Royal **** and got away with it now for years. They rode the crypto wave, then tried to boost prices further. Everyone who forked out over 1000 for a GPU... yeah... they helped stoke that market. "I can afford it". Great. Guess what... so could Nvidia. They could have afforded to sell those boards at half the price and still made a profit. They are, and have been milking consumers for years. If AMD had the chance, they'd do the same damn thing as well.

Quit arguing about who is defending who, and talk about architecture, what's good, what's bad.

Soldato
I post here maybe once a month, probably less. You really need to chill out and stop trying to dictate who can use the forums lol.

You're very easily angered aren't you buttercup. Perhaps some stress management courses would help?
This response and your interpretation of the conversation as a whole says much more about your mental condition than mine, sunshine. So, do you actually have anything worthwhile to contribute for your monthly post, or just more masochism and crying?

Soldato

They where and are, heck even some of the promo art work called the 5700XT the RX690.

AMD was late to the game, again, with no compettion nvidia was allowed to get a full product stack out at higher prices as there was nothing to compete in most the stack. AMD could only flood the market with loss leading 580/590/Vegas to fight.

So when 5700xt did come out the could price it lower that nvidia's card if they wanted get some kudos from the fans for that but still charge way more than the 480/580/590, (RX480 was £180/£220 on release after all). So yer Nvidia is guilty for upping prices for not much gain but I don't blame them, but AMD has done it as well even though they are in a much weaker position but has largely been ignored as they are still the underdog.

I've said it before and I say it again Looking forward to Xe shaking things up!.....hopefully. 2020 will be interesting. Xe on one hand , 7nm nvidia GPU's on the other (hopefully), not expecting much from "RDNA2" if it happens next years as it be on a similar process and RNDA performance vs older 12nm & 16nm chips.

Soldato
I don't see Xe shaking anything up tbh. Gaming GPUs aren't coming any time soon, and unless Nvidia and AMD correct their prices there is no need for Intel (of all companies) to try and undercut - if product sells at inflated prices, why bother undercutting? AMD could have gone bonkers with Navi, but they pitched their 2060 and 2070 beaters about the same price. Nvidia's response wasn't to lower prices, but to charge even more with the Supers. So why then would Intel undercut prices when the inflated market still has healthy sales?

Soldato
My points always been regardless of AMD pricing from an outside view you need to spend 10-20% more on Nvidia even when the 5700/5700XT dropped. Although now pricing is getting more reasonable. To point I'd almost consider one now if it wasn't for RDNA2 and seeing how that compares to whatever Nvidia bring and at what price points.

Soldato
I don't see Xe shaking anything up tbh. Gaming GPUs aren't coming any time soon, and unless Nvidia and AMD correct their prices there is no need for Intel (of all companies) to try and undercut - if product sells at inflated prices, why bother undercutting? AMD could have gone bonkers with Navi, but they pitched their 2060 and 2070 beaters about the same price. Nvidia's response wasn't to lower prices, but to charge even more with the Supers. So why then would Intel undercut prices when the inflated market still has healthy sales?

Intel wouldn't need to charge less, they have the resource to put a full product stack out in good time , not year after Nvidia and then drip products out after. Plus Itel have a much greater public mind share than even Nvidia or AMD. Being a node ahead of nVidia help AMD but not much and won't have that advantage for long.

Associate
But what they give you for that money hasn't really changed in how many years now?

1080p cards are the poster children for stagnation.

You get in that space the performance you've had since 2013, and you'll like it!

But you like me got a Vega 56, which is 50% upgrade for near enough the same money as your 480. The 5700 could be had on Black Friday for £250 after the rebate - nearly twice as fast as a 480 once flashed with an XT bios. The 5600 6gb will probably go down to £200 and probably match a Vega 56. 570s and 580s in the low £100s is great value for anyone building a 1080p system. As was the 590 for £150

So there's still good GPU deals, it's just you have to pick them at the right time.

In 3 years time the 5800 will probably be going EOL and possibly dropping to £300 and that'll be likely my next upgrade path. The 5700XT will probably go EOL before then but I don't think it's a big enough upgrade over Vega

Soldato
In 3 years time the 5800 will probably be going EOL and possibly dropping to £300 and that'll be likely my next upgrade path. The 5700XT will probably go EOL before then but I don't think it's a big enough upgrade over Vega

Trust me it is on DX11 games. 40-50% more FPS in WOT & ESO is a big boon.
Especially when you go from 101fps to 143fps (have set cap without it goes to 150fps range) on competitive game with full graphics at 2560x1440 and moving from the 45-55fps range (all previous card had it even the GTX1080Ti) in towns (ESO) to 94 with maxed out.

Also the 5700XT got a hefty 6%+ across the board perf uplift between 19.11.1 and 19.12.2, including benchmarks.

Back
Top Bottom