A California church has spent almost a week trying to raise a 2-year-old girl from the dead

Caporegime
The absolute state of American evangelicals right now.

Little Olive Alayne Heiligenthal stopped breathing early Saturday morning. Her parents Andrew and Kalley Heiligenthal called 9-11 and medics tried reviving the little girl at her home and then at a hospital in Redding, California, where she was pronounced dead, The Record Searchlight reports.

So members of Bethel Church have been praying, playing music, and singing in the hopes of doing the impossible. Their efforts have taken Instagram by storm, with one post garnering more than a quarter of a million views in just six hours Tuesday.

Capture.png

(Source).

Man of Honour
I'm not religious. I don't think for one minute this would actually revive the little girl. But I have no problem with them trying. Maybe my belief is wrong and they are right. Maybe they could have resurrected her. I doubt it. But maybe they could. So let them try.

Man of Honour
I'm not religious. I don't think for one minute this would actually revive the little girl. But I have no problem with them trying. Maybe my belief is wrong and they are right. Maybe they could have resurrected her. I doubt it. But maybe they could. So let them try.

Resurrected what though? Nothing can reverse brain death. Once the brain has been starved of oxygen for several minutes, all functions are corrupted and there's no hope for the person who was an individual to return as that individual, this is basic biology which overrules absolutely everything and why there is no documented or observed case of such a thing being possible in all history. The excerpt above from the church says that the 4th day is the best day for revival, absolute false hope which is unhealthy.

All this highlights is a distinct lack of education in certain parts of society. I liken this sort of thing as the same as the anti-vaccination brigade.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The real question is how much money left their pockets during this exercise in stupidity? In one manner it's obviously rather nice to have a community to belong to, but this is just offensive and in my view damaging to the parents (and perhaps others) who don't need false hope at the time of need.

The 5 stages of grief shouldn't just be rerunning the initial stage of denial over and over again, that's simply unhealthy and repugnant for any institution to resolve to keep people in this state. Though i'm sure it's very healthy for the evangelical establishment who couldn't give a **** about it whatsoever and just want to grift people's wealth from them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Millions of people around the world meet to commemorate the resurrection of a man 2,020 years ago... But the resurrection of a child here and now, that's too much.

You've got to laugh, even if it is sardonically.

Soldato
Bethel "church" are nothing but an unbiblical cult...definitely not biblical christianity...

my parents used to send us to 'the bethel hall' on sundays (i think it was to get rid of us for a few hrs :o)
they would come in a bus and pick up all the kids and take them down
boys and girls would be split up and taught about jesus.
we started saying we would walk down rather than get picked up. we didn't go :p

Back
Top Bottom