Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Customs, buy a stock SKS with PS ammo from Prapor, put ammo in pocket, put med/cheese slice, bandage and painkillers in secure container. That is the best starting loadout for noobs, pistol runs gonna get you killed a lot. SKS makes putting scavs and low/medium level armor PMC's down way easier.

The red rebel icepick is worth about 1.5 million roubles btw but is very useful later in the game when you start playing the reserve map as you need to have it to use one of the extracts.

Yer, got a couple of sks with that ammo. Worth using some basic chest and helmet as well with insurance? Players can't loot melee right so no need to insure? I was going to sell the pick given the value and that you have to drop armor and use paracord. Only got 2*2

Associate
Yer, got a couple of sks with that ammo. Worth using some basic chest and helmet as well with insurance?

Armor maybe so long as its a level above a PACA, helmets not so much. Helmets are overrated for the most part unless you're shelling out big money for level 5+ protection, unless im going in specifically for PVP then i won't bother, rarely do i feel like i died because i wasn't wearing a helmet.

Players can't loot melee right so no need to insure? I was going to sell the pick given the value and that you have to drop armor and use paracord. Only got 2*2

Yeah melee weapon is off limits so no point insuring unless you go full retard and drop it mid round somehow (it's happened...)

Selling the red rebel is worthwhile, i imagine they will have gone down in price quite a bit by the time you get onto Reserve. They were 2.5 million yesterday but dropped in value by a million when they started giving them away via these twitch drops.

Associate
This is the easiest way to get rich quick btw. Rig run, pistol, no backpack/helmet, use manhole extract. Come out with about 300-500k per run usually and each run only takes about 7-8 mins max. I rarely come across player and savs when doing it as well.

Soldato
I'm getting a weird/annoying thing with my graphics in this, as seen in this clip:

https://streamable.com/zljvl

In front of me here's always this line, same distance from me, where shadows etc get rendered. I find it quite jarring, have played with EFT graphic settings and also reset my driver settings to default but can't suss it out. I have a vega 56.

Any ideas?

Associate
I'm getting a weird/annoying thing with my graphics in this, as seen in this clip:

In front of me here's always this line, same distance from me, where shadows etc get rendered. I find it quite jarring, have played with EFT graphic settings and also reset my driver settings to default but can't suss it out. I have a vega 56.

Any ideas?

Pretty sure it's just Tarkov/Unity engine. I see that happen quite regularly and im using a 1080.

Soldato

Any ideas?
I get that too.

Associate
@CliffyG

Fair enough, must just be the engine!

What beginner/budget loadouts do people roll with? SKS, Vepr hunter, mosin?

Yeah they are prob the best bang for buck. VPO/AKM too.

AK-74 are decent if you can get some BT/BS ammo. There's a lot to be looted on the Reserve map, but mosin ammo, M80 in the hunter and PS in the SKS will all do better than the low tier 5.45 ammos.

Soldato
It'll be soon as the item giveaways stop on Monday, not that I'm complaining cos I've made a packet from it.

Agree with a couple of the streamers saying the game now needs a new wipe cos of the top tier thermal goggles they've given away to everyone

Soldato
Why is this game suddenly so popular on twitch? Are they paying off big streamers to promote it?

Free in game items for watching, I imagine most of those watchers are like me who have left the laptop of for the last 4 days solid to get free loot. I have watched the odd hour while having my lunch though then gone back to doing other things

Soldato
It'll be soon as the item giveaways stop on Monday, not that I'm complaining cos I've made a packet from it.

Agree with a couple of the streamers saying the game now needs a new wipe cos of the top tier thermal goggles they've given away to everyone
Trouble is, if they wipe, it makes a mockery of this twitch drop there doing, if we all loose everything, they should have been careful what they gave as drops.

Back
Top Bottom