Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Soldato
I had ploughed 37hrs into this originally, but got side tracked with other stuff. I've loaded this again and having to start over due to version 2.0. I'd like to have a good go as it's it's one of those games you can just pick up and go with.

Any good strategy guides?

Soldato
So I bought this game with all the cureent dlc... All seem to be OK at first building up my empire settling a few planets and getting a healthy economy going but then some bunch of raiders turn up with a 6-7k, Fleet normally on the other side of my empire to my big fleet stack and I keep getting ruined!

Where am I going wrong?

Soldato
Sounds like they've been hired as a raider party by another empire. Can always hire them for yourself.

On another note, is anyone playing with some worthwhile mods?

A friend and I have been using the Tiny Outliner, and Guilli's Planet Modifiers.

Both are excellent. The Tiny Outliner shrinks the overlay as a lot of it barely gets used/gets in the way.
The planet modifiers give some additional characteristics to the planets - some planets have some sort of monument which gives a bonus to surrounding resources - similar in the way the capital buildings work.

Interested to know if others are using other worthy mods.

Associate
Finally! The new dlc is out May 22nd for £7.19 and here's a very short clip about some what has been added (don't forget to view this in full screen) :) : "Reviews are very good"!

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked this up in the recent Paradox weekend sale on steam, absolutely loving it. 20 hours in already. I started as a xenophile Humanoid empire to try to get a hang of the mechanics as that seemed to be the advice online. Just about got the hang of it now. I am finding it a little bit disturbing that I really want to play as the space Nazis though. I'm concerned that this is my Patrick Bateman flashpoint moment and eventually purging alien races on Stellaris will just be a gateway to murdering sex workers with an axe.

Yeah I'm going to take the risk.

Associate
OP
Just started playing again after a long break and trying to get my head around all the changes in 2.2 compared to when I last played! :eek: Despite the challenges I am really enjoying it. Paradox are cleverly tempting me with some good discounts on DLC (of which I have none). Looking on t'interweb, received wisdom seems to be that the best options are Utopia for additional gameplay mechanics/megastructures and Distant Stars for more flavour/exploration events. Does that sound about right?

Soldato
They all add extra stuff/creatures/leviathans aswell as the following.....
Utopia gives you the megastructures.
Leviathans adds lots of nasty stuff that give research items when killed.
Synthetic dawn lets you play as robot empires.
Apocalypse adds colossus craft, blowing up planets, wiping out all life etc.
Megacorp allows you to play as financial based Walmart type empires.
Distant stars adds L gates and lots of stories.
They are all worth getting if you can

there are loads of other parts too check each one out.....
https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/281990/

PS Ecumenopolis ftw :p

Soldato
What's the performance like since 2.2? They really ****** it up :/

It's still a lot better than it was pre 2.0, I have no issues running 1000 star maps that are 400+ years old with huge crisis fleets warring and endless conga lines of corvettes on the way to reinforce large fleets.
The game has always been very heavily cpu limited, i play multiplayer with a few guys on my no1 sig pc as the host (4.6 all cores), two guys (in Ohio) have 9900k's and it runs perfectly late game, another has a 4770k and there is a noticeable drop when he joins, but it's still over 40fps constantly.

Associate
Picked this up a couple of days ago.
There's an awful lot to try and get my head around, struggling a bit, but will keep tryng.
Man, this game's like crack.
:D

Back
Top Bottom