Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Great time to get into the game, whether you're brand new or want to pick it up again. :)

I stream weekdays in the evening and during the weekend when free. I'm online now if you want to check it out. 3 followers away from affiliate ;).

https://www.twitch.tv/duelsy

I'll check out your stream as prefer watching viewer counts at sub 500, chat normally gives way more info. I've spent quite a while today just looking on the flea market, sorting stash, trying weapons and ammo more than actually playing pmc. Really is very good for a beta. Biggest gripe so far is the lack of interaction in game for group forming. Without comms it seems pointless. The drops on twitch were a great idea to bring in new players.

Associate
Just picked this up will install later, I will be a complete noob on this I have no clue lol watched a couple of vids and it looks good! Any tips for a novice lol

Soldato
just a act to hook people in. never happened. all the top people do stunts to get you watching or talking about them. love em or hate em they get the viewers in and bring many people to games. tarkov will benefit from him streaming it greatly.
You don't half have some bizarre opinions when it comes to streamers lol. It doesn't work like that and his "stunt" never improved his viewer numbers (the opposite) and will have lost him millions in lost subscribers etc while he was off Twitch for months.

Soldato
You don't half have some bizarre opinions when it comes to streamers lol. It doesn't work like that and his "stunt" never improved his viewer numbers (the opposite) and will have lost him millions in lost subscribers etc while he was off Twitch for months.

haha - DG baiting again....don't rise to it.:p:p

Don't forget DG streams a fair bit/youtube etc.

Soldato
Just picked this up will install later, I will be a complete noob on this I have no clue lol watched a couple of vids and it looks good! Any tips for a novice lol

get on the discord for Ocuk - usually loads of people around and happy to help/guide you

Caporegime

it not opinions. at the time he was fighting to be top on twitch with others. streamers/ youtubers always do stunts to try and catapult themselves into the limelight or grow their audience. just part of the game. to rise above the norm.

not baiting booyaka. its just many people dont understand how it works...you have to be in the limelight all the time or...even when not in it creating somekind of talk about you. bad publicity is better than no publicity. at the time all people were talking about him. it worked. look at his image what is it mainly about ? its being a bad boy gamer lol. its simple to see its a stunt. yet people just lap it up. you have to have somekind of showman ship gimmick and know when to one up the next person. he can be annoying but he does this. thats why hes popular. if you cant see when somethings a stunt or not and you actually do social media. drop out dont waste your time.

this wont be his last stunt.though he doesnt even need to pull any now shroud ninja gone mixer. he can just roam free on twitch.

on him joining the band wagon for tarkov its good for the game tbh. also it will get every man and his dog streaming it so it will gain lots of new players to help grow the game and community.

watched some of milkys stream yesterday to see how the game looks. to me not really interested anymore seems a bit slow paced for me. bit like arma old dayz crossed with stalker. wish dayz would have got their act together then we could have just had the perfect game in the first place instead of all these smaller spin offs.

Soldato
it not opinions. at the time he was fighting to be top on twitch with others. streamers/ youtubers always do stunts to try and catapult themselves into the limelight or grow their audience. just part of the game. to rise above the norm.

not baiting booyaka. its just many people dont understand how it works...you have to be in the limelight all the time or...even when not in it creating somekind of talk about you. bad publicity is better than no publicity. at the time all people were talking about him. it worked. look at his image what is it mainly about ? its being a bad boy gamer lol. its simple to see its a stunt. yet people just lap it up. you have to have somekind of showman ship gimmick and know when to one up the next person. he can be annoying but he does this. thats why hes popular. if you cant see when somethings a stunt or not and you actually do social media. drop out dont waste your time.

this wont be his last stunt.though he doesnt even need to pull any now shroud ninja gone mixer. he can just roam free on twitch.

on him joining the band wagon for tarkov its good for the game tbh. also it will get every man and his dog streaming it so it will gain lots of new players to help grow the game and community.

watched some of milkys stream yesterday to see how the game looks. to me not really interested anymore seems a bit slow paced for me. bit like arma old dayz crossed with stalker. wish dayz would have got their act together then we could have just had the perfect game in the first place instead of all these smaller spin offs.

The gun play absolutely ***** all over Day Z. Not even including the customisation options on every single weapon. There is work to do on some of the Scopes / Sensitivity but the actual responsiveness / hit reg and game play destroy most of what Arma / Day Z offered.

Caporegime
Spin off? Of DayZ? Yeah okay then :rolleyes:

is it not ? its basically filling a gap left by dayz. by dayz i mean the mod not the SA. what is really different in this to dayz the mod ? if BI would have made standalone properly games like this probably wouldnt exist or get much popularity. the realness of it is people want a game in this kinda genre no one seems to do it right and people flock to each kinda simular game hoping it is the next dayz mod kinda survival game. which generally it isnt because you already played 90 percent of it before in dayz mod.

its popular hope it does well for those that love it.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I don't exactly see the link between hardcore realism and attention to detail, and how that relates to post apocalyptic zombie survival.

DayZ (mod or otherwise) is not the genre-defining game for survival games. DayZ was a hobby mod that was blown out of proportion, had no direction and ultimately was turned into a side-job money-grab by BIS. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed the years I spent on it, but the comparison to EfT doesn't wash. This game isn't trying to attract the DayZ crowd; this is trying to attract the realism and military crowd.

Soldato
This game can be so frustrating! Just landed 6 shots to the body (291 damage) with the best 9mm money can buy on an un-armoured opponent and he just turns and 1 shots me in the thorax with a pistol.....

Then the next round i kill someone who is carrying a weapon case and hobble out with a broken leg, result.

Tarkov has it ups and downs but that what keeps me playing.
Even better when teaming up with a full squad of friends and family trying to be organized and tactical, but it all goes to #### when the shooting starts :D:D:D

Caporegime
I don’t see how you can say Tarkov is slow paced when you play Hunter call of the wild and say you miss DayZ, games where literally nothing happens (other than eating some deer poo) :p. You even said Scum was good..

EFT is obviously slower than COD but it’s certainly faster paced than other survival games, it’s forced to be as you’re in raid instances rather than a persistent world.

yeah but call of the wild isnt a survival game or something i play like a fps. dayz the mod on big servers were hectic big battles. often the problem is people think of dayz as the standalone instead of the mod. scum was is pretty fun but to me slightly boring. as said ive done everything in scum and other survival games before . so why would i get yet another game like tarkov to just do the same thing ? :p arma had this kinda game play over 10 years ago. loot army weapons vehicles and npcs. on a map.

not saying tarkov is bad just doesnt appeal to me. i hoped it would.

hopefully there is some free trial weekends. to give it a proper try.

Soldato
Its so far away from DayZ, its not even in sight. Super frustrating game, getting killed out of nowhere, if you have the wrong ammo you might as well be pea-shooting, one shot killed by uber players armed to the teeth. but sneaky and snipery is what im playing at the moment till i can afford something competitive. The last few feet to the exit are always nerve jangling.

Great fun however as long as you dont get attached to your gear. Now I have access to the flea market, whole new game has opened up. Sold a paracord for silly money, but the game of tetris in my storage is getting tight.

How do you guys team? Im only running customs and now shoreline to get my cash up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom