LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
The new 2020 OLED range was announced for LG.

Here are the new features for the 2020 CX (C10) model.

* As small as 48 inches, as large as 77 inches.

* Uses the new generation 3 Alpha 9 chipset.

* Introducing Filmmaker Picture Mode: New picture you can select that tries to deliver the movie the way Hollywood intended. Filmmaker mode can be manually enabled or automatically enabled when movies are detected through dynamic metadata.

* Dolby Vision mode has been updated to support "Dolby Vision IQ", a new feature that auto adjusts the HDR settings based on ambient room lighting

* Introducing HGiG mode for gamers. With this mode enabled, the TV will dynamically adjust it's HDR settings based on metadata from the HDR game to deliver the experience the developer intended.

* Gsync, Freesync and HDMI Forum VRR is all supported up to 4k 120hz. All work over HDMI 2.1 (This means AMD will be releasing a new driver by April that enabled Freesync over HDMI, a feature they promised 2 years ago).

* The CX, like all 2020 LG OLED's now support the new AV1 video format.

* Web OS updated to the latest version, including new apps for Apple TV+, Apple TV Channel and iTunes Movies. Best of all, this is not 2020 exclusive - these new apps will become available for all 2018 and 2019 LG OLED's too!

* The CX also supports Airplay 2, Homekit, Alexa and Google Assistant.

* Introducing "Sport Alert". The TV can notify you through the screen to show you information about your favorite team like news, scores, schedules etc. The TV can also use the speakers to notify you when your team is playing a game and scores.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1578322870

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sign me up. I cancelled my Black Friday C9 puchase because it just wasn't the big upgrade from my C7 that I wanted. But the A9 Gen 3 sounds like quite a jump from early reports.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sign me up. I cancelled my Black Friday C9 puchase because it just wasn't the big upgrade from my C7 that I wanted. But the A9 Gen 3 sounds like quite a jump from early reports.
Unless you wait until around next black friday you will be paying around double the price. Plus there is hardly any difference again, you might as well wait for the year after and hope they actually improve the panel itself.

At least from C8 to 9 we got HDMI 2.1 so that there was a huge benefit vs what X range brings. Unless I am missing something that is.

Soldato
flatpanels comments do allude to a slight panel update (addressing brightness, black crush) ... although no close-ups of the pixel structure afaik.

- even, for the c9, with firmware (low bitrate noise) update, and additional 'smooth conouring' control, last years sony or panasonic avoided those problems, so there's differentiation amongst oled tv's, and LG seem to have been skimping on processing power ... athough sonys have(had?) a slow android engine too.
I'd take their previous years models if the cost was less.

Soldato

They always say that, then put them side by side and the TVs look almost identical.

You'll be waiting nearly a year for prices to drop unless you will pay the release price, and the C10 will not be worth £1k over the C9.

Associate
Would be nice if they could make WebOS work with a hue sync app or something similar so you can get ambilight without the need for that hdmi box.

Soldato
Predictions on prices for the 48", what do you think £1000?
Doubt it, the factories are tooled up for 55” and 65”, I can see the 48” being more expensive than you’d think.

If those early reports are from Forbes, he said nearly the exact same things about the C9 vs C8 and those had close to identical picture quality.

Soldato
RTings do agree and so do my eyes when viewed in person.
I will be preparing a usb key with a sample of a dark scene from the walking dead, plus an hdr show, as a test piece
... not sure how amenable currys/lewis/richer are, to, bring your own media.

Soldato
Sony have said there 48" will be the most affordable in the range so I reckon £1000 if the cheapest 55" is £1250.
Seriously funny if you think their 48” OLED will launch at £1000 when their 55” will be at least £2500 if not more.

The prices you see now are sale prices, look at the C9 launch prices, at least £2600.

Associate
I will be preparing a usb key with a sample of a dark scene from the walking dead, plus an hdr show, as a test piece
... not sure how amenable currys/lewis/richer are, to, bring your own media.
Quite a while ago I went to Currys (as was) to test a portable DVD player. The staff there old me they couldn't play anything rated above a PG. Luckily what I bought with me to test was a PG, but (as of about 10 yrs ago) they had restrictions on age content. Don't know about the other shops though

Back
Top Bottom