*** Sky Q Thread ***

Caporegime
Well, as I said before, that guy I spoke to mentioned end of Jan so hopefully you're right.

All depend on pricing of course. Can you even hint whether it'll be significantly cheaper than getting BT Sport directly, which is daylight robbery?
If you have Sky Sports already it'll be cheaper than going direct to BT, yes.

Soldato
So they are still advertising HDR despite the fact it could well be another year away? Terrible.
I don't upgrade to Q specifically for HDR, but when I did middle of last year I was very much given the impression it was due "imminently" and then I was given the impression early 2020.
With NowTV going 1080p at some point - may well be time to look at my options too. I like having 4k, but 4k alone, without HDR is the cake without the icing.

You missed the point, Sky Italy have been providing HDR through the Q box for about a year.....

Caporegime
but i suppose if BT are being paid directly for BT sport, and not sky through the new deal, this wont be the case ?
BT ask for an additional payment for Multiscreen on Sky. If you’re taking BT sport via Sky and already have Multiscreen (or ‘Sky Q Experience’) then it will show on your Multiscreen box. It does on mine.

Soldato
BT ask for an additional payment for Multiscreen on Sky. If you’re taking BT sport via Sky and already have Multiscreen (or ‘Sky Q Experience’) then it will show on your Multiscreen box. It does on mine.

Ah so you already have it!

I'm curious about this "delivered via broadband" as this will be something new for Sky - live TV channels delivered via broadband rather than dish. Do the channels still show and function as "normal" ones?

Caporegime
Ah so you already have it!

I'm curious about this "delivered via broadband" as this will be something new for Sky - live TV channels delivered via broadband rather than dish. Do the channels still show and function as "normal" ones?

I meant that BT Ultimate (their UHD offering) is a broadband delivered (I.e. streamed) service on BT TV and on Virgin. Sky Q won't have BT Ultimate as it doesn't support this service I believe.

Back
Top Bottom