LG c9 OLED

Soldato
Seems the C9 does not have gigabit Ethernet.

If you plug in USB to gigabit connector or works just fine although didn't show up in connections on the TV as being connected :D

Using a Rankie one.

Now no more buffering when streaming off the NAS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems the C9 does not have gigabit Ethernet.

If you plug in USB to gigabit connector or works just fine although didn't show up in connections on the TV as begging connected :D

Using a Rankie one.

Now no more buffering when streaming off the NAS.

I highly doubt anything needs gigabit, and using a USB to gigabit adaptor will maybe present itself as gigabit but you will get no where near gigabit speeds ? Isn't a full quality 4k bluray about 50 mbps? 100Meg will more than satisfy that....

Soldato
Peaky UHD content can go over 100mbit, but it's pretty rare. Personally I find 5ghz more than good enough for 4k remux from my NAS.

i'm genuniely interested - can you give a specific example (?)

Still looking for example of _UHD_ 4K bitrate, but I did find these links :

https://www.reddit.com/r/yi4kplus/comments/676sku/bitrates_for_4k_60fps_image_quality_settings_high/

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172064

so with 60fps 4K peaking at 100 etc is possible

So It's possible to go over 100meg in the bitrate . Is the previous poster really pumping uncompressed 12 bit 60fps 4K video to his TV? What on earth are you watching/what is your source ?

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
even if the ethernet, or a/c wireless is fast enough, generally the hevc decoders (in tvs) aren't capable of much above 60mbs, so they can't take a raw(disc) 4k stream,
at 100mbs+ look at the tv specs the profiles (keywords like main, level 5 ...) the tv is spec'd for.

Permabanned
I will look in Emby later and see what it is set at for 4K LOCAL

Now I assume this is to play a 4K (120Mb/s high bitrate Video+Mutil channel Audio) at 1x Play speed so would be twice that for FF 2x and Quadruple that for FF 4x so on.

So IMO best be on 1Gb/s Lan not 100Mb/s Lan.

Annotation-2020-01-09-171324.jpg

Soldato
I'm undecided if I should get the C9 55" or wait to see what 2020 offers, but then I will want to wait for price drops on them.

I have a B6 currently which is fine, but fancy updating, want a set with HDMI 2.1 as well for future consoles.

Decent price on these C9 sets as well currently.

Back
Top Bottom