Imperfect timing!

Capodecina
Soldato
I have just received the following email:
Eurostar said:
It’s almost here - the launch of our new direct return trains between London, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

You’ll soon be able to go from city centre to city centre, with no changes, no transfers and no hassle.

Just follow the link below to register your interest and be the first to hear when tickets go on sale.

Travelling to the Netherlands and back is about to become easier than ever before.
I wonder who dreamed this up?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
What is the problem with that, Eurostar is a nice service and they have passport control at the stations as it is?

Permabanned
I'm not sure what the problem is here? Eurostar is informing you there will be direct trains to Amsterdam from London.

EDIT: I have just checked and there is a direct train for £199 with 0 stops with Omio. 3 hrs 55 mins.

EDIT: But I have just checked flights from London to Amsterdam, £52, 0 stops 1hr20 mins.

Caporegime
I have just received the following email:I wonder who dreamed this up?

Is that the only issue you have with this is that you want to know who to thank? Seems a strange reason for a thread.

A quick google suggests Mike Cooper CEO and his management team would be the ones to thank.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
How is the eurostar? I've never decided to go that route as something about being under that much water worries me.
Its a very nice service, the tunnel takes hardly any time. I'd think a ferry is far more likely to sink or encounter issues than the tunnel is to flood :p

Soldato
Drove to Italy in 2017 via EuroStar, quick and easy with a 30 min crossing.

I think you're getting the trains mixed up?
"EuroStar" is the passenger service from St Pancras International to various locations in Europe. "Le Shuttle" is the channel tunnel train that you can take your car on between Folkestone and Calais.

Soldato
Soldato
Worse than flying?

If there is a problem, I can swim but I can't bloody fly!

It's an irrational fear! With flying if something goes wrong I wont have long to worry about it. Drowning I can fight but I will succumb to it eventually.

Its a very nice service, the tunnel takes hardly any time. I'd think a ferry is far more likely to sink or encounter issues than the tunnel is to flood :p

I've only been on a ferry twice in my life, both as a child. Once to Isle of Wright and the other to Calais. I was sick on my way to Calais and never went back on one!

Back
Top Bottom