Harry and Meghan to resign

Caporegime
So according to today’s summit with the Queen, it’s looking likely that both of them will be stripped of their titles. Queen made a statement and called them Harry and Meghan lol.

^^^^ Damn it looks like it is happening*, the papers were right to read into "Harry and Megan" being used by the Queen.

Wonder if they'll still use "Duke and Dutchess" through? Like Harry would then be "his grace" instead of "his royal highness".

Andrews daughters still use HRH without being working Royals, though they just take on individual work/employment privately, I guess this perhaps indicates that Harry and Megan might have their eyes on some larger commercial deals and so can't be seen to cash in on the old "HRH" status.

*Well not quite "stripped" of the titles but not using them.

Soldato
Soldato
Hopefully, having given everything up - titles, money, property etc - they can now just carry on with the life they've decided on in Canada without any further hassle from the UK. I do wonder what would happen however if in say 3-5 years, they should they divorce - would Harry be welcomed back as a Royal etc as I personally would be against that?

Looking at Canadian headlines, they don't won't them there either.

Caporegime
^^^^ Damn it looks like it is happening*, the papers were right to read into "Harry and Megan" being used by the Queen.

Wonder if they'll still use "Duke and Dutchess" through? Like Harry would then be "his grace" instead of "his royal highness".

Andrews daughters still use HRH without being working Royals, though they just take on individual work/employment privately, I guess this perhaps indicates that Harry and Megan might have their eyes on some larger commercial deals and so can't be seen to cash in on the old "HRH" status.

*Well not quite "stripped" of the titles but not using them.
To be honest at the time I wrote that, it was coming from daily mail so I didn’t pay much attention to it as we all know how silly the daily mail and their headlines can be.
Also I haven’t really paid much attention to what is going on with Harry and Meghan as I’m finding it all a bit boring and tiresome really.
But is it being widely reported that their titles will be “stripped” off of them?? Honestly if they are then I think it’s only fair, if they do not want to carry out royal duties then why should they be privy to those titles??

Caporegime
Looking at Canadian headlines, they don't won't them there either.
From what I heard and obviously having 2 brothers out there in Canada, I don’t think the Canadians have an issue with them being there per say but over 75% that we’re polled did say they do not want to pay for their security costs.
Also Trudeau has said that up until now they have not had any discussions with the royals or our govt to see what the Canadian govt will do.

Soldato
He doesnt want to be a royal.

Not really sure why you dont understand that. He can make money by clicking his fingers.

exactly, given his position in the world what he's done over the last few years as a brand he's an absolute goldmine, any company would spend fortunes to have him as a company ambassader

Soldato
Hopefully, having given everything up - titles, money, property etc - they can now just carry on with the life they've decided on in Canada without any further hassle from the UK. I do wonder what would happen however if in say 3-5 years, they should they divorce - would Harry be welcomed back as a Royal etc as I personally would be against that?
They're keeping the cottage, but repaying the 2.4 mill the taxpayer spent on doing it up for them.

Soldato

Not really sure why you dont understand that. He can make money by clicking his fingers.

Probably because you don't understand what I posted, but it's OK readings hard so I don't mind, but to make it easier for you - "would the Royals ask him to come back as I personally don't think he would so I would be against them asking him?"

Soldato
moreover, the only (punitive ?) deal on offer was one where he had to renounce the title, for whatever (undisclosed?) career they're proposing.

we all know how silly the daily mail and their headlines can be.
apparently they have a 10million readership, about the same as mirror+sun, so if they all reflect what their readers believe, or now believe,
oine thirds of the population are anti Meghan,
this buzzfeeds site also sets itself up as an echo chamber to regurgiate that; and more of the population, from posts, then believe it must be a majority view .
.. it's pyramid marketting
eg. https://whatsnewinpublishing.com/how-people-in-the-uk-are-accessing-news-6-key-findings/

Soldato
What is Harry going to do after all this? He's going to end up a recluse and Meghan will probably dump him.

Seriously? You think either of them are going to be twiddling their fingers for things to do? He has the Invictus Games and they will both be doing lots of charity work but charities of their choice now not ones that are approved by the Palace and Gov. I expect her to take on lots of roles with charities working with young women. I'd imagine he'll do lots with mental health charities and veterans.

Soldato
They're keeping the cottage, but repaying the 2.4 mill the taxpayer spent on doing it up for them.

If the Cottage already belonged to the family then it makes sense they only repay the money they had from the tax payer for doing it up. I don't see where they are going to magic to £2.4m from though. Charity work doesn't pay, so is Harry doing to have to some advertising, or after-dinner speaking (after-all that is where ex-pms make their money).

This seems daft. They will no longer recieve tax payers money when performing royal duties. If that is the case, then surely they should forego all royal duties altogether which I don't think is the case.

Soldato
If the Cottage already belonged to the family then it makes sense they only repay the money they had from the tax payer for doing it up. I don't see where they are going to magic to £2.4m from though. Charity work doesn't pay, so is Harry doing to have to some advertising, or after-dinner speaking (after-all that is where ex-pms make their money).

This seems daft. They will no longer recieve tax payers money when performing royal duties. If that is the case, then surely they should forego all royal duties altogether which I don't think is the case.

They must have a lot of contacts, will he not sit on the board of various companies?

Soldato
Do they get to keep the website/twitter-handle ? seems false pretences now .. give it back to the guy, if he still wants it .

Back
Top Bottom