US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Permabanned
US is always pulling crap like this. From the threatening the UK and France over the Suez, to ignoring IRA funding originating in the US. It's about time Europe told the US to go and do one. It's not like the US is needed in Europe especially if Germany would pull its weight militarily instead of freeloading.

What are your thoughts on the fact that it was Britain that instigated the illegal destruction of Iran's democratically elected government? Because Britain was stealing Iran's oil and Iran wanted its fair share, but Britain didn't like that!

As for Suez, why didn't Britain & co just ignore the US and carry on with their rape of Egypt? Similar to Britain's rape of Iran, et al.

Last edited:
Soldato
What are your thoughts on the fact that it was Britain that instigated the illegal destruction of Iran's democratically elected government? Because Britain was stealing Iran's oil and Iran wanted its fair share, but Britain didn't like that!

As for Suez, why didn't Britain & co just ignore the US and carry on with their rape of Egypt? Similar to Britain's rape of Iran, et al.
"rape" :D such a dramatisation. "Aquisiton of resources" will do.

Soldato

Well we'd have to go right back to the Romans to answer that. Oh yes... you can guarantee that the bloody Eyetie's are behind just about everything.

Permabanned
"rape" :D such a dramatisation. "Aquisiton of resources" will do.

Britain created an illegal plan with France & Israel which included the murder of Egyptian soldiers and some civilians, all under false pretenses for the real goal of stealing land and resources - after Egypt tried to legitimately nationalise their canal (like Iran unsuccessfully tried to nationalise their oil as said) and, again, Britain didn't like that!

Well we'd have to go right back to the Romans to answer that. Oh yes... you can guarantee that the bloody Eyetie's are behind just about everything.

What I said (about Iran particularly), happened well within living memory. Way more people are alive who remember what I said than WW2; this thread concerns many of those people in Iran and my family over there.

Last edited:
Soldato
What I said (about Iran particularly), happened well within living memory. Way more people are alive who remember what I said than WW2; this thread is about many of those people, in Iran.
I know what you said, I was giving you the answer. It's a long one (and it goes back much further than WW2;)).

Don't you think it's kind of arbitrary picking a date in history and ignoring everything that preceeded that date? Scroll up and you'll see people pick a particular moment in time (during the last few weeks) to justify their position on Soleiman's assasination, ridiculous don't you think?

Permabanned
I know what you said, I was giving you the answer. It's a long one (and it goes back much further than WW2;)).

Don't you think it's kind of arbitrary picking a date in history and ignoring everything that preceeded that date? Scroll up and you'll see people pick a particular moment in time (during the last few weeks) to justify their position on Soleiman's assasination, ridiculous don't you think?

You have a strawman then. That's because I'm pointing out Britain's often forgotten or downplayed role in many relevant aspects of the current situation. For two examples, Iran's regime has a Russia or China-like grip in its media and has used it extensively currently, and also there are the protests and the questionable response by said regime, all of which have been mentioned in here. You or anyone else trying to argue with your imagination, I couldn't care less about, so I won't address that :)

Soldato
Britain created an illegal plan with France & Israel which included the murder of Egyptian soldiers and some civilians, all under false pretenses for the real goal of stealing land and resources - after Egypt tried to legitimately nationalise their canal (like Iran unsuccessfully tried to nationalise their oil as said) and, again, Britain didn't like that!

What I said (about Iran particularly), happened well within living memory. Way more people are alive who remember what I said than WW2; this thread concerns many of those people in Iran and my family over there.
You're trying to apply morals to state affairs and the competition for resources. Not only that, but to affairs that happened in the past. It's virtuous, but it's not realistic.

I'm also getting hints of an antisemitic tone. Am I right?

Permabanned
You're trying to apply morals to state affairs and the competition for resources. Not only that, but to affairs that happened in the past. It's virtuous, but it's not realistic.

You don't know what morals I apply - please don't presume to know what I think. My intentions mainly stem from the original post I quoted, by what I said in the previous post to this.

I'm also getting hints of an antisemitic tone. Am I right?

Please show me exactly the words that lead you to reasonably conclude that.

Permabanned
But I like you and I think we should be friends.

Seriously, don't blame me, it was you who chose such a ridicuous foundation on which to base your observations on. You only have yourself to blame.

Couldn't care less about forum crap, dude, so I don't blame your corner-sofa addled mind.

Oddly, and even more ironically, you ignored the foundation AKA the original post I quoted and my words in and to that context. Funny that.

Soldato

Britain and France have meddled a lot and are responsible for a lot of trouble and wars through the middle east to africa. I'm not sure how that is relevant to what I was saying.

I was specifically complaining, moaning, about the US blackmailing/threatening supposed allies, and those allies pathetically capitulating.

Soldato
Permabanned
Britain and France have meddled a lot and are responsible for a lot of trouble and wars through the middle east to africa. I'm not sure how that is relevant to what I was saying.

I was specifically complaining, moaning, about the US blackmailing/threatening supposed allies, and those allies pathetically capitulating.

Just based on you mentioning Suez and US pulling crap there, I just thought the main problem with the Suez situation was clearly Britain & co and their illegal scheming (which was kept from the US, precluding the US being able to know what's going on and thus maybe not pull said crap which wasn't illegal or at least not anywhere near as illegal anyway). And my other point about Iran's current regime gaining and still having power based on the anger and such that Britain fuelled by removing their short-lived but popular democratic government - that's a looser point obviously, and I'm repeating myself.

To be clear, my stance is mainly just that the "special relationship" is far more twisted, let alone what Boris & co or history classes would have me believe (I say "me" because Suez was blatantly skipped over in my study class).

Last edited:
Permabanned
When you singled out Israel in what was essentially a pro Muslim rant. Bias is normal and fine, but don't pretend to not have it.

This is the only post here that I mentioned Israel:

You claim I singled out Israel there, but I see no evidence of this..? "Britain --> Egypt" was my main focus there; France & Israel were presented there more as side actors that Britain approached (which is what I also said about Britain regarding Iran), and if you want to get really pedantic: I wrote Israel second after France, and third after Britain. I never mentioned Islam or Muslims, and I'm not religious - so I don't know what to tell you there.

Back
Top Bottom