Harry and Meghan to resign

Caporegime
So I heard on radio 4 this morning that he is just losing his Sovereign Grant of around £2.1m and not doing any Royal duties in return but will still get 95% of what he used to get from the Duchy of Cornwall plus will still get royal security and police protection. So that's a pretty sweet deal for anybody giving up their full time job and still getting 95% of their income. And some people were worried on here as to what he was going to live on?

Soldato
So I heard on radio 4 this morning that he is just losing his Sovereign Grant of around £2.1m and not doing any Royal duties in return but will still get 95% of what he used to get from the Duchy of Cornwall plus will still get royal security and police protection. So that's a pretty sweet deal for anybody giving up their full time job and still getting 95% of their income. And some people were worried on here as to what he was going to live on?

Sounds like a good deal to me. Plus at the end of the day he is still a royal titles or not. So there will still be companies/organisations queuing up to approach him to get involved with whatever he’s doing regardless of the fact he’s no longer a royal on paper. If anything he won’t be shackled by what the royals should or should not be associated with.

What makes me laugh with all this is that Andrew is still a royal?! So not wanting to deal with the toxic UK press and looking out for your family = bad. Associate with known child abuser/all round questionable guy, get linked to multiple underage girls and then put out an absolute car crash of an interview to try and exonerate yourself of being bad = good. Ok then...

Soldato
Sounds like a good deal to me. Plus at the end of the day he is still a royal titles or not. So there will still be companies/organisations queuing up to approach him to get involved with whatever he’s doing regardless of the fact he’s no longer a royal on paper. If anything he won’t be shackled by what the royals should or should not be associated with.

What makes me laugh with all this is that Andrew is still a royal?! So not wanting to deal with the toxic UK press and looking out for your family = bad. Associate with known child abuser/all round questionable guy, get linked to multiple underage girls and then put out an absolute car crash of an interview to try and exonerate yourself of being bad = good. Ok then...
It's like watching season 8 of the crown

Soldato
OP

I don't think they were ever going to hand him a sleeping bag and a cardboard box.

Caporegime
I don't think they were ever going to hand him a sleeping bag and a cardboard box.

No but many a commentator have asked what on earth was he going to live on and how could he make a living if he was only going to do charity stuff like he claimed he was. They now have their answer.

Caporegime
Something has clearly gone very sour behind the scenes with him saying there was no other option than this in his charity speech.

Yeah the fact he originally said he would still do royal duties, albeit part time and with the money saved from the Sovereign Grant more than offset by the extra security costs, he is now going to do no royal duties but still cost the same. I am not sure thats a good deal the UK or the Royal family. I would imagine somebody somewhere said "it's all or nothing, you can;t do the job part time. End of" so he took the nothing option.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Caporegime
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal
I think you'll find it was very much public.
Look at those headlines and you'll see why the want out. Normally I despise everything royal, but good for them. 2 fingers to the scummy British tabloids.

Taking it out on the family because of things the gutter press in this country do doesn’t seem to be the full story imo.

Plus they’re still going to get hounded by the press and there’ll be British journos following their every move whilst in Canada.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Taking it out on the family because of things the gutter press in this country do doesn’t seem to be the full story imo.

Plus they’re still going to get hounded by the press and there’ll be British journos following their every move whilst in Canada.
"Taking it out on the family"?
How is the royal family suffering due to Megxit? You'd think Prince Andrew would be causing them more problems?!

These are two individuals who can do whatever they **** they want. Harry will never be King so wgaf?
Moreover, why is this such a big deal?!

Soldato
The whole thing started to unravel after gibbo's tweet about the queen dying. :p

I do wonder actually if she had stepped down sooner, Charles would have kept Harry & Meghan as official part time Royals. The harder line that seems to have been taken does seem like a bit of a desperate attempt to not let it cause people to question why we need them.

Man of Honour
Soldato

On the news they've just said he will no longer get any sovereign grant money or money from the duchy of Cornwall and going forward the money Harry will get from Charles comes from Charles' own private investments, which is fair enough if true.

Back
Top Bottom