TV Licence Super Thread

Caporegime
BBC to cut 450 jobs across news programmes as part of money-saving drive

"The corporation needs to save £80m to reduce financial pressures, which include paying for free TV licences for over-75s on pension credit."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/bbc-to-cut-450-news-jobs/ar-BBZroAO

Only 450. What's the total in BBC all together?

poor title to his post by @b00merang69 im afraid. BBC News cutting 450 jobs, not just the BBC. There will likely be more job losses elsewhere.

can I also say it’s very sad that people can get this worked up about receiving a letter every two years.

Permabanned
If you actually visited the link you would see that IS the title (right or wrong) also if you want to fill out a form to prove you do not do/need something you have no obligation to do in the first place for a company you have no legal contract with then you are more the fool (twice so far). :rolleyes:

Are you also assuming I am a male (risky in this day and age)? :confused:

Soldato
poor title to his post by @b00merang69 im afraid. BBC News cutting 450 jobs, not just the BBC. There will likely be more job losses elsewhere.

can I also say it’s very sad that people can get this worked up about receiving a letter every two years.

Every 2 years, I get at least one every couple of weeks. Where you got one letter every two years from I don't know shows you haven't followed this thread at all.

Soldato

Whats sad is people like you paying no attention to what is going off and thinking its only 1 letter every two years. People are getting worked up for good reason. I had my own major problems with them.

Associate
I remember living in student halls back when i was at uni. The way the living areas are contractually divided up meant that for a 5 bed flat (bedrooms were tiny), each room required a TV licence. As you can imagine, no student was paying for a TV licence, so the building used to get hundreds of letters sent out. Also as the building was secure (keycard entrance), it meant none of the enforcement team could gain access to knock on any of the flat doors.

I'm just about to give up my licence but I wonder how many people in my place are watching tv without a licence, at the moment i'm living in a secure shared house with electronic key (ABLOY) to main door and bedroom. The only time people are really around is at night.

Permabanned

Yea just let them get away with harassment basically... Some of us have dignity and will stand up for ourselves. There is nothing i hate more than people assuming you have to take it or that they have a right to snoop around you. I had them come around my backyard and ask who lives here and they said because the gate was open they had legal access.

It turns out, They sat in a vehicle outside my home and when family arrived and went around the side gate he simply followed them. Lucky boy is all i can say as the next time i am going to assault him with the hose and whip him like a dog for tresspass and then wait out the 6 month time limit on assault charges.

Caporegime
Yea just let them get away with harassment basically... Some of us have dignity and will stand up for ourselves. There is nothing i hate more than people assuming you have to take it or that they have a right to snoop around you. I had them come around my backyard and ask who lives here and they said because the gate was open they had legal access.

It turns out, They sat in a vehicle outside my home and when family arrived and went around the side gate he simply followed them. Lucky boy is all i can say as the next time i am going to assault him with the hose and whip him like a dog for tresspass and then wait out the 6 month time limit on assault charges.
As above, complete an online form stating you don’t need a licence and they’ll stop bothering you for a year or more. It sounds like you like the attention and visits.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . It’s very sad that people can get this worked up about receiving a letter every two years.
Strangely enough, they often seem to be the much the same people who rage against people profiting from crime ;)

In truth, I think that the objections tend to come from people who either claim never to watch anything produced by BBC or who would like us all to watch sensationalist, partisan US News broadcasts.

Soldato
As above, complete an online form stating you don’t need a licence and they’ll stop bothering you for a year or more. It sounds like you like the attention and visits.
That's not true, clearly you have no clue on what is going off despite it being explained multiple times. How many times do we have to explain that the forms often doesn't work and can often make the situation worse. I filled out the form multiple times and the response from them was to increase the harassment.

We do not like there attention nor want there visits. Can you not show some sympathy for the harassment some people have had to go. Telling us to fill out a useless form is not helping.

Soldato
Strangely enough, they often seem to be the much the same people who rage against people profiting from crime ;)

In truth, I think that the objections tend to come from people who either claim never to watch anything produced by BBC or who would like us all to watch sensationalist, partisan US News broadcasts.
That's because you two have no clue on what is going off. Its not just a simple letter once every so often nor is it solved by a simple form.

Soldato

Fill out the form and then they have your details. The harassment just ramps up another level for so many people. There's countless cases of this. More to the point why should we just give up our personal information to prove we are innocent. Why should we have to? It's none of their business if I don't need a tv licence. It's wrong in principle. The harassment that we get from Tv Licencing / Capita is wrong on so many levels.

Soldato

When's the last time you used a marital aid, what is your name?

If you do not send me these information I will keep on sending letters and speaking to your children, about this topic, and wait outside your bedroom window listening to buzzing.

If you do not comply you will be fined £1000.

Caporegime
Fill out the form and then they have your details. The harassment just ramps up another level for so many people. There's countless cases of this. More to the point why should we just give up our personal information to prove we are innocent. Why should we have to? It's none of their business if I don't need a tv licence. It's wrong in principle. The harassment that we get from Tv Licencing / Capita is wrong on so many levels.
You’re upset at the ‘harassment’ but won’t take steps to prevent or put a stop to this? Sounds like you enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom