The power of Facebook groups to catch thieves

Caporegime
Facebook is good for this type of stuff. My local group has had some good results with burglaries, lost pets, return of lost property etc. It’s a useful social tool despite all the hate it gets.

I can read your posts with ease mate. If it makes it easier for you, crack on. Dyslexia’s no joke, my mate who’s got it had a terrible time when he came to the Christmas party dressed as Satan.

Soldato
OP
Facebook is good for this type of stuff. My local group has had some good results with burglaries, lost animals, return of lost property etc. It’s a useful social tool despite all the hate it gets.

I can read your posts with ease mate. If it makes it easier for you, crack on. Dyslexia’s no joke, my mate who’s got it had a terrible time when he came to the Christmas party dressed as Satan.
Lol had to read that 3 times
Before I saw the Satan, santa joke
People are still helping
Now know who his girlfriend is
And that she's selling
Something on Facebook
Think a sting is in order to
Get an address

Soldato
OP
Well approximately 6 hours
After the theft
Got name of the guy within
3 minutes
And now been given an address too
Not too shabby at all
Makes you wonder why police
Don't use Facebook groups
To catch thieves lol
Or perhaps they do but keep
It quiet

Soldato
I understand why you write this way but it's really annoying to read.

Sorry if i'm being selfish/unsympathetic
total opposite, I think it looks great. I always try to read his posts as poetry, and surprisingly they're better than 99% of the **** that's won artsy-fartsy poetry awards.

Soldato
Well approximately 6 hours
After the theft
Got name of the guy within
3 minutes
And now been given an address too
Not too shabby at all
Makes you wonder why police
Don't use Facebook groups
To catch thieves lol
Or perhaps they do but keep
It quiet
so what about your roof, have they got the stuff to put back on or do you have to have the whole thing redone? if so, is there a lead alternative to prevent the same thing happening in the future?

Soldato
The real criminal is whoever he's selling the lead to. Scrappies are not supposed to deal in cash any more and keep a record of where their stuff came from.

From what I've heard, what happens now is that the scrap yard owns both themselves and a "cafe" round the corner. It's the cafe that pays the customer cash.

Soldato
Yeah, it’s almost like he’s trying really hard to gain access to something..
To be fair, I started posting more when I realised I could get free delivery! Between knowing that and the bikers cafe, my posts flew up.

Yet I'm still here and maybe order once or twice a year from OC. Not sure who's winning.

Don
A friend has their pub broken into, CCTV pic posted on FB, loads of people named same person, police arrested him CPS didn't proceed due to lack or corroborating evidence and the publishing of the pics possible prejudicing outcome

Soldato
I'm singing his words and putting them to Macc Lads songs - it works a treat.

I thought I'd give this a go using Africa by Toto as the tune, now I hate you and have to block Mcnumpty for my own sanity!

Glad to hear that social media provides some positives OP, I'm on a local group that regularly reunites people with lost pets, bikes, kids scooters etc. Makes a change from disinformation and rampant and unethical data harvesting.

Back
Top Bottom