You have managed to contribute more
in two months than I have since I
joined in 2011. Keep at man.
Who cares how you write if the
information and help is good.
:D

Soldato

I know how you feel.

I don't have quite as much difficulty with phrasing/parsing as you do, but I do typically find it necessary to open a new paragraph for each new sentence.

If I am ever having to read out loud from text I also find it almost impossible to do it "On the fly", I have to read it through several times first, and even then find it much more satisfactory to retype it into a one paragraph/sentence format.

I also find it difficult to see the middle of words so am an absolute sucker for spell correctors that correct the spelling into similar, but incorrect, word.

I am a lot better than I used to be, but it has taken nearly 60 years to get there :p

As an aside, though this may sound bizarre, I was a very early reader and was reading really quite well by the time I was three. However I was more or less self taught so I naturally speed read by treating words as pictograms rather than a series of letters and consonants (Hence the difficulty reading out loud. I have to look very carefully to work out how a word needs to be pronounced and do not do this easily on the fly)

I am also very good at spaceiel/manual tasks (I have heard this before regarding dyslexics) so my life has naturally graduated toward mechanics and manual work.

But before computers and WP became readliy available written work was pretty much out. I actually got as far as an engineering degree but beyond that the pressure to produce hand written documents became too much and I became self employed instead.

It must be much easier for dyslexics to thrive today

Ho Humm

The history of Dyslexia is an interesting one. and I am sure I recall reading that it all started with the introduction of National Service of all thigs, Dyslexics are not simply people who have poor literacy skills.

They are pretty much defined as being people who are well above average intelegence in every other measurable and subjective way but nevertheless have uncharacteristically poor literacy skills.

People who do badly at everything are just dim!

(Oh and another thing. Another quirk I read some years ago. There are a lot of dyslexics in Prison. Prison populations are interesting. Prison is not for average people in the main. You get a lot of very dim people, but you also get a lot of very smart people too. what you do not tend to get so much of is average people! :D )

:p

Soldato
There's some genuinely lovely folks on these forums but as with every community, sadly you get some genuinely toxic people too!

You come across as a nice guy from what I've seen and your posts are far more digestible than the often walls of text we regularly see.

Would it help if when replying to you directly we try to format our posts as you do? Or would you find that condescending?

Caporegime
Don’t worry about what others say,
That you Post is far more important than the style.
This place is full of weirdos anyway,
Not that your weird,
I’ll excuse the Scottish from the above. ;)

Permabanned
Well if you can understand it i guess? And if a poem can be laid out in that format and be readable then sure whatever. I thought you were stuck on a phone, Where it had no tilt or some kind of nasty cheap phone. :)

Soldato
It's not how you format the text, it's what you say. And if this forum is anything to go by, there's plenty of people who format correctly but talk a load of ********.

Back
Top Bottom