Barrymore: The body in the pool

Man of Honour
This TV documentary was shown last night, about Stuart Lubbock, who died at Barrymore’s house in Essex, he was found in the pool while attending a party.
An ambulance was called circa 05.00, but he wasn’t pronounced dead until around 08.00.
I didn’t watch it, but my wife did, she wondered that if Lubbock was pulled from the pool dead, could a paramedic not have pronounced him dead, or did he have to be conveyed to a hospital and have death certified by a doctor?
I thought that in the event of sudden death, the police were called, who in turn summoned a pathologist, but maybe I watch too much TV.

Caporegime
Usually a paramedic starts resuscitation and brings them in. A doctor usually confirms death.

I’m out of date with adults but in kids usually they’re pretty cold if they drown and you resuscitate them until they’re warmed up before calling it a day, which can take hours.

Man of Honour
Usually a paramedic starts resuscitation and brings them in. A doctor usually confirms death.

When my Mum died just before Christmas 4x Paramedics turned up and they must have pronounced her dead.
The next professional to see her was the Funeral Director who took her away.
We did then have to go down to the GPs the following day to get the Death Certificate.

Caporegime
When my Mum died just before Christmas 4x Paramedics turned up and they must have pronounced her dead.
The next professional to see her was the Funeral Director who took her away.
We did then have to go down to the GPs the following day to get the Death Certificate.

Theres a difference between expected and unexpected deaths:

https://www.cqc.org.uk/guidance-providers/gps/nigels-surgery-13-who-can-confirm-death

A dead guy in a swimming pool would usually involve a doctor (although even then not always that says).

Associate
JGUp4w0

Soldato
The thing that always gets me about this story is this...

(Not seen drama /documentary yet mind, so this may have been covered)

Lubbock wasn't tortured to death in a sound proof dungeon on the third level sub-basement of the Marquis-de-Sade's Castle.

He was Rogered to death with a wine bottle, and then drowned, in the back garden of a medium size suburban house, that was full of people, in the middle of a party!

EVERYBODY must have known what was going on! :eek:

(Including all the, no doubt long suffering, neighbours for that matter!)

:confused:

Soldato
The thing that always gets me about this story is this...

(Not seen drama /documentary yet mind, so this may have been covered)

Lubbock wasn't tortured to death in a sound proof dungeon on the third level sub-basement of the Marquis-de-Sade's Castle.

He was Rogered to death with a wine bottle, and then drowned, in the back garden of a medium size suburban house, that was full of people, in the middle of a party!

EVERYBODY must have known what was going on! :eek:

(Including all the, no doubt long suffering, neighbours for that matter!)

:confused:
From the programme it appeared a square pool thermometer was used which subsequently disappeared never to be seen again. The guy had been given drugs and had probably drank quite a bit too.

Barrymore doing a runner and being of little help to the investigation was quite eye opening, I couldn't really remember or wasn't particularly interested at the time when the crime occured.
Even denying that the lad had received the internal injuries at his home!

As for a party, I'd always thought it was a huge bash with people out of their minds, not 9 people.

I hope Barrymore never appears on TV again and if he does try to comeback I hope people are reminded of what happened to Stuart Lubbock.

Soldato
It was also said that he could have jumped in the pool and banged his bum in the side but that doesn't cause injuries 12" into the anus.
Quite, like I said I hadn't paid much attention to the story at the time but hearing the complete bull and suggested explanations made me wonder if he thinks we were all born yesterday.

Soldato
It was also said that he could have jumped in the pool and banged his bum in the side but that doesn't cause injuries 12" into the anus.

Reminds me of dinner with medics! IME Dinner parties involving Medical people and Alcohol invariably gravitate onto stories regarding who had had to remove the most bizarre and unlikely penetrating object from the most unusual bodily orifice and what the most incredible explanation for its presence was offered at the time...!

:/

Man of Honour
Reminds me of dinner with medics! IME Dinner parties involving Medical people and Alcohol invariably gravitate onto stories regarding who had had to remove the most bizarre and unlikely penetrating object from the most unusual bodily orifice and what the most incredible explanation for its presence was offered at the time...!

:/

I work in the same department as the Information Team and about 4 years ago an FOI came in for how many objects removed from up the bum in 12 months :)
My colleague had detailed accounts of the 57 incidents.

Associate

I’m out of date with adults but in kids usually they’re pretty cold if they drown and you resuscitate them until they’re warmed up before calling it a day, which can take hours.

Paramedics can confirm, but not certify, death. We can elect whether to start resuscitation or not, or when to stop. In this instance we don't convey and assist the family with contacting funeral directors.

Fortunately, I've only ever had one paed arrest, but every kid would be conveyed with resus in progress.

Re the drowning thing, you're not dead til your warm and dead :)

Caporegime
All that we can gather is that 1 of those 8 people there on that night knew what happened. I am not sure if it was intentional or not but the crux of it was that the police messed up the whole thing because they initially come to the conclusion of accidental drowning so missed all the other easy signs/evidence that would have been there otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom