• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA gpu and got different one back

Permabanned
My msi 1080 broke so I RMA'ed it, I got my replacement today and they sent me a 1660super... is that acceptable?

I play at 1440 100hz.

I wasn't contacted about a differnt card been sent ever.

This is not OCUK.

Soldato
Not acceptable, much slower card.

But they might turn around and just pay you a much lower price than the cost of a 1660 Super if you refuse, as 1080's are EOL.

They can legitimately calculate your time of ownership into the valuation.

This happened to me with a motherboard that failed, years ago.

I paid around £110 for the board and got back around £70 even though I had only had it for less than a year, so I was out of pocket.

But I'd still try and get a better card if you can.

Permabanned
OP
I will give them a call.

The card I was sent is a 1660super ventus.
I know I will not get a card to the same price I paid, but is the 1660s upto 1440 gaming at around 100hz? I dont think I it is. The card I am given should be of equal spec/performance.

I haven't open the box as I just assumed it was not as good. If it can game at that level than I would keep it.

Associate
I will give them a call.

The card I was sent is a 1660super ventus.
I know I will not get a card to the same price I paid, but is the 1660s upto 1440 gaming at around 100hz? I dont think I it is. The card I am given should be of equal spec/performance.

I haven't open the box as I just assumed it was not as good. If it can game at that level than I would keep it.

Correct, which would roughly be a 2060 Super from Nvidia's current lineup.

G J

G J

Associate
Was this given back to the retailer or to MSI? But yeah give them a call as people said you should get at least a 2060 or a 2060 super.

Permabanned
OP
Was this given back to the retailer or to MSI but yeah give them a call.

Sent back to shop. I talked to msi they wanted nothing to do with it. Just said deal with the shop.

Tbf to the shop they tested it and sent me a new card in 6 working days I didn't have to wait for it sending to msi.

Caporegime
This isn't really acceptable if you ask me. Something isn't really under warranty, if it can just be replaced by a cheaper slower model when it breaks.

Imagine buying a BMW 530i and then getting a 118i as permanent replacement if it broke under warranty.

Associate
Agreed with what's said here. The 1660S is technically not "fit for purpose" compared to your 1080. It's 2GB and a lot of performance shy of a 1080. Performance and memory don't somehow degrade over time, the replacement should be equivalent or better.

If they offered and you accepted a refund, then yes, the value of the card would be reduced and you would not get what you paid for it given the time that's passed.

Soldato
Agreed with what's said here. The 1660S is technically not "fit for purpose" compared to your 1080. It's 2GB and a lot of performance shy of a 1080. Performance and memory don't somehow degrade over time, the replacement should be equivalent or better.

If they offered and you accepted a refund, then yes, the value of the card would be reduced and you would not get what you paid for it given the time that's passed.

This. Deprecation is only for refund, not replacement. Equivalent is along the lines of: 1660Ti = 1070, 2060 = 1070Ti, 2060 Super = 1080.

Back
Top Bottom