HotukDeals Infraction

Soldato
Got message today from Hotukdeals looks like they dont like the way i vote and that i dont give a reason for my vote.

Hi - following a review we notice that you appear to be cold voting on a large number of threads without leaving a constructive reason. Of course it is not a requirement to leave a comment when voting but we ask members to vote fairly and we do not believe your current activity is fair.If an item does not interest you or you do not feel you’re able to back up your reason for voting you simply need to skip past the thread.We’ll be reviewing this again in a few weeks and if we do not see an improvement then we’ll consider whether it would be appropriate to place a voting block on your account.If you’d like to discuss this feel free to get in touch

Associate
Got message today from Hotukdeals looks like they dont like the way i vote and that i dont give a reason for my vote.

Hi - following a review we notice that you appear to be cold voting on a large number of threads without leaving a constructive reason. Of course it is not a requirement to leave a comment when voting but we ask members to vote fairly and we do not believe your current activity is fair.If an item does not interest you or you do not feel you’re able to back up your reason for voting you simply need to skip past the thread.We’ll be reviewing this again in a few weeks and if we do not see an improvement then we’ll consider whether it would be appropriate to place a voting block on your account.If you’d like to discuss this feel free to get in touch
I've seen a lot of deals there get upvoted when they seem to be the regular price, but it makes sense if they don't allow downvoting without commenting. I once tried to post a deal for a top tier VPN and it got rejected because non UK merchants need to be pre-approved by an admin, and when I tried to get it approved it was rejected. Baffling considering there are loads of low quality VPN deals posted there, I can only assume that they get approved when they give the admins a bit of cash or something.

Caporegime

Heres a hint as to what you could do......

Soldato
HotUKDeals are an affiliate site who make a commission on each sale. So it is in their interest for items to get hot so it influences more people to buy so they make more money.

Last edited:
Soldato
HotUKdeals has turned to utter **** as of late. Half the hot voted items arent even that good of deals and its just the same recycled content/items every week:

Old games no one really wants
a holiday in X place that requires some black magic to actually get the deal.
crappy barely functional tool accessories no one will ever use
a tv with £20 quid off
a chinese mobile phone from aliexpress
sd card that is always the same price

there you go thats the website. saved you a click

I did sign up to ukhotdetals in WhatsApp 2 years ago. They're supposed to send me messages every now and then with deals? Not a sniff from them yet, just their 'welcome' message from 2 years ago. Meh.

Cashback sites are better imo e.g. Quidco and Topcashback.

Soldato
Hi - following a review we notice that you appear to be cold voting on a large number of threads without leaving a constructive reason.

Interesting. Fair play to them, I say. When I was learning to code, I might post a question on StackOverflow and often it would get downvoted and I didn't know why. I started putting at the bottom 'If you wish to downvote this question, please comment as to why so I can learn what I have done wrong' and the downvoting definitely slowed. I guess some people just want to be dicks to others and can't really explain why?

Out of interest, do you upvote things as much as you downvote?

Back
Top Bottom