How to wash your hands

Associate
Its so infuriating - people don't do it because they can't be bothered no because they don't know.

Literally another case of advice being pushed to cater for the lowest denominator

Soldato
Loo design is also a point here, if I spend 30 mins cleaning my hands then go to pull on the door to open and exit it it's no good if some dirty git didn't wash and touched it, I like the loos with no doors to open on the way out

Last Sunday stopped off at a motorway services that had a setup that was about as good as it gets.

No entrance door to the facitilies. Privacy was provided by a dogleg corridor

IR activated taps (No touching)

Hot air dryers (Not airblades)

Thye also had gel dispensers, on the way out.

All this had been implimented long before the current outbreak.

Could it be improved?

In this case, IR activated soap and gel dispensers. (The provided ones were the push type)

Also ensureing that such dispensers actually have product in them! (On this ocasion, some didnt)

At the risk of going a bit OTT, would washlets be significantly more hygienic (Or at least a sufficient improvement to justify the costs)

Soldato
Dog leg is a good way of putting it, 2 walls round one and round another.

Had a visit to hospital few weeks ago and had to use loo, but had to pull door to get out, that's what made me think I've just washed my hands but who knows who hasn't and there in hospital so could have god knows what too, really bad I thought

Soldato
Per earlier 'prop' comment, if there is currently a pull door getting out of the Gent's they should put a brick, at base of door, so you can shift it with your foot.
(or would fire regs be broken)

I should probably relent on my aversion to contactless cards though, since the communal keypad ain't hygienic

Man of Honour
Yesterday I went for a whiz and a Dr I know was at the urinal, when finished he ran the tap for about 2 seconds and put his hands under the blower for 2 seconds then walked out.
I know he was going to his office to do paperwork but I still had to go into a cubicle to get some paper so I could get out of the bog :)
Now this Dr's discipline could have put him in contact with our first Coronavirus patient so I wasn't impressed.

Back
Top Bottom