What watch do you wear?

Associate
Lovely that for the money BusError, my speedmaster also has the case back (sapphire sandwich I believe is how it's known) and the craftsmanship that goes into these timepieces is incredible

Soldato
Finally! not sure why it's rotated the image but you get the idea.

Wear it daily so it gets a fair amount of punishment and is by no means in great cosmetic condition but that's what I love most about it

gr0zyxH_d.jpg

Lovely thing. Sold mine, and I do regret it.
Holding out for a tritium variant - love naturally yellowed lume.

Soldato
Iv
I've been very very happy with my Sugress chinese watch; got it late december and I wear it a /lot/ in fact it hasn't stopped since I got it, as I wear it at least 3 times a week. I also haven't had to adjust the time, and it's still pretty much bang on.

For £180 shipped, no complains! I wear it a lot because it's not 'precious' like most of my other watches, so I'm not worried having it on the wrist doing things.

I’ve got a Seagull 1963 with the same movement. It was about £130 shipped. Ridiculous value for a column wheel chronograph.

Associate
I bought a Sturmanskie limited edition today, Also bought an AVI-8 that I wasn't planning to!!
BFhPIbG.jpg

I should have cleaned the crystal and taken another pic!!
BOy89kR.jpg

I bought these recently too!
YOaOyXX.jpg
CkmpVV8.jpg
xG96Gkb.jpg

John :)

Man of Honour
Finally! not sure why it's rotated the image but you get the idea.

Wear it daily so it gets a fair amount of punishment and is by no means in great cosmetic condition but that's what I love most about it

gr0zyxH_d.jpg

YfBh2Ut.jpg

Speedy snaps
Nice. I love a speedy. They are so versatile and seem to go with any strap, from metal to leather and even NATO's. I bought one a few years ago (30th anniversary edition). It was in superb condition at the time and it's picked up a few knocks and marks since then. But that's part of the charm of them. If it were another more expensive watch I'd be upset with marks. But a few minor nicks here and there on a speedy just seems to add character.

Associate
Not sure if this debate has been done in the previous 935 pages but I have found myself wearing my "nice watches" less and less in favour of my Garmin watch because of it's data logging capabilities.

I cycle to work most days and when I can be bothered I use the Garmin watch's heart rate monitor to transmit to my Garmin 800 bike computer, and on the days I play football after work I use the watch to track the activity (with limited success).

I vaguely remember seeing someone have a crack at a "smart watch strap" to turn your luxury timepiece into a smart watch (just the logging capability) but at the time remember the strap being a bit ugly and the fact you have to get your phone out to review any of the metrics kind of defeats the point of it.

Man of Honour
Thank you to @glitch for grabbing me the Crown & Buckle strap from the USA :cool:

I think it suits this watch perfectly and now have a small selection of rotations :)

20200310_100145.jpg

20200310_102727.jpg

Also not something I've noticed much before but realised this watch has a slanted sill so when you use a NATO (especially rubber), the edge of the case doesn't dig/cut into the strap causing an indent/damage over time or to make using thicker straps easier without friction. That's pretty well thought out.

20200310_110200.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone use assetsure for watch insurance? £12 a month to insure my new sapphire moonwatch seems pretty reasonable.

Any other recommendations please?

ta

Man of Honour
As spring is around the corner I thought I'd try a new NATO strap with a pop of colour on the speedy; dark grey with a yellow stripe. I have the usual metal bracelet and leather straps for it. But it's so cheap to get a collection of NATO's and use them for more casual days. I also find NATO's very comfortable in spring and summer when it gets warmer.

peplMun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom