• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Soldato
1usmus power plan really helps get the most boost.

All 6 cores in my first ccd can all to 4575-4625.

Shitlet is a bit behind 4325-4500.

Defo install his power plan if your not going for an all core.

I think my all core is around 4250, but only ran with Cb20 for 5 minutes. It crashed at 4300, but I haven't bothered looking at upping voltage from Normal with a - 1v offset, I set that to bring idle volts away from 1.46v. I'm on stock cooler.

To be honest all core I don't need and using ryzen master sucks.

Soldato
From the reading I've preformed 1.2xx but I don't own the chip yet, coming tomorrow. I plan to leave at stock though and let PBv2 do its thing. Mine will be under water, so hoping temps will be okish
Mine is under a D15s but even with the fans near silent and under full load the CPU goes to just over 80c so you should be golden with good custom H20 cooling. Under full load at stock the voltage will drop down to ~1.27v-1.30v. Using light loads it will go up to ~1.50v, don't be alarmed this is perfectly normal behaviour. ;)

Associate
Mine is under a D15s but even with the fans near silent and under full load the CPU goes to just over 80c so you should be golden with good custom H20 cooling. Under full load at stock the voltage will drop down to ~1.27v-1.30v. Using light loads it will go up to ~1.50v, don't be alarmed this is perfectly normal behaviour. ;)

She is a tad warmer than the 3700x she replaced but not seeing anything over 68c after an hour of high load.

Soldato
I tried a per ccx overclock in the bios.

Just upped ccx0 to x39. Instant BSOD when I out a load on.

Odd as with auto everything I get 73xx and 52x scores in CB20.

I see 4.6 on a few cores and 4.350 the lowest on the other chiplet when running a single thread test. So figure I've got an average chip.

Man of Honour
On review, this seems unbelievable. Far too good.

Agreed.

Did some further tinkering. When you change the default multi to anything but stock 38 and alter voltages in BIOS, it shows 1.1v in most places, which cannot be correct.

The only 'true' voltage i now look at is CPU-Z and in HWInfo 'CPU Core Voltage ( SVI2 TFN )'

4.3 all-core @ 1.28v ( in BIOS )

3kZS9aJ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So with DDR4 4000 memory is it best to underclock to 3600? I'm assuming it will work at 4000 but the performance won't be as good.
Depends on your cpu.

Infinity Fabric of 1800 is the recommended. 1900 if your CPU can handle it. Your ram speed should match that 1:1. Of course don't forget it's DDR.

You won't run at 4000, an IF of 2000 is unheard of I think?

If you don't match the ratio, penalties come in that negate the oc.

Associate
Depends on your cpu.

Infinity Fabric of 1800 is the recommended. 1900 if your CPU can handle it. Your ram speed should match that 1:1. Of course don't forget it's DDR.

You won't run at 4000, an IF of 2000 is unheard of I think?

If you don't match the ratio, penalties come in that negate the oc.

Okay, sounds like it's better to drop to 3600, run 1:1 and just tighten up the timings.

Soldato
Agreed.

Did some further tinkering. When you change the default multi to anything but stock 38 and alter voltages in BIOS, it shows 1.1v in most places, which cannot be correct.

The only 'true' voltage i now look at is CPU-Z and in HWInfo 'CPU Core Voltage ( SVI2 TFN )'

4.3 all-core @ 1.28v ( in BIOS )

3kZS9aJ.jpg

You may of passed Cinebench 20 but I can tell you right now, your chip isnt stable, I can tell straight away by that score, its too low for 4.3ghz, mine at 4.3ghz with the same ram timings as you scores 7768 and needs 1.33v to do that, 100% stable, after running that for a week or 2 though I soon figured out that there really is no point overclocking these, and just leave it at stock, tweak your ram and let PBO do its thing.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yea I just enabled PBO and get a score of 7250 on average, pretty happy with that and not bothered about trying to push it for a few more points. Chip only hits 67c during the run as well.

Soldato
^^agreed.

Makes you wonder what the point of all these high quality mobosand super duper vrms are for. I guess just for fun and to make some extra cash.

I've don't done my ram. Running as xmp with minor tweaks from iusmus. I tried fast but it want stable, but I didn't do the ohm settings.

Back
Top Bottom