#Tradwife

Caporegime
"Alena, who lives in the UK, says it’s about “submitting to and spoiling her husband like it’s 1959” - as well as supporting a return to “traditional English manners, lifestyle and values.”

Jesus :(

Permabanned
Yep I'm sick of women trying to be men. Gimme a tradwife any day.

Regarding the economics. Doubling the supply of labour has halved the price of it. The current 2 salaries are equal to what 1 mans salary would otherwise have been. Business is getting 2 workers for the price of one. And the family is worse off because they also have to pay childcare. Its why salaries havent gone up. If everyone did this tradwife thing the supply of labour would halve and salaries would rise. Once again the mans salary would cover everything.

Soldato
How's that going to work with the average salaries of one adult working.

I guess maybe the working partner is earning above average wages.

Its a strange shift from the modern trend for sure, but i guess the whole point of equality is allowing people to choose the way they conduct their life and if they want to choose a lifestyle that others might regard as a step backwards then that's as valid a use of that freedom as any other. I'm sure there exists the opposite example to this with working wives being doted on by homebound husbands.

Permabanned
the whole point of equality is allowing people to choose the way they conduct their life
nope.
the whole point of equality is to replace slavery.

paying white men = x cost
paying black slaves = 0 cost
+ women not working

to

paying men 1/2 x cost
paying women 1/2 x cost

it's more workers, same money

all the rest of it is psychology to make people think it's their choice.

Soldato
Given the choice of Tradwife or screeching intersectional feminist I know which I'd rather marry. :)

The submission thing is a bit weird but whatever makes you happy I suppose.

Soldato
Worst than feminists to be honest. They want their cake and eat it too. Times have changed and there is no going back. Enjoy your freedom guys and never sign the worst deal you can possibly make in your life (marriage certificate).

Soldato
I think this #tradwife movement is a response to the now confused gender roles propaganda we see. In my life time I saw the propaganda with the ladette culture. Interestingly a lot of those women back then aren't that far of living a tradwife life. Nature always wins in the end.

People will have to adapt their lifestyles. Only 1 car. No overseas holidays. No £100 a month SKY or mobile packages.

^ This is how to do it.

I mean who is paying over £100 for sky, or even a mobile package? Unless you are a heavy phone user i.e. actual phone calls, then I don't see why people should be having monthly payments for a phone. I use pay as you go. I've thought about going monthly but its too expensive for what it is.. and people buying the new iphones.. they got money to throw away if they are paying over £1000 for a phone.

Caporegime
It's very odd, it's like some parody of a 1950s housewife too, completely heightened these aspects of being subservient etc.. While women more traditionally stayed at home they didn't all do so and the dynamics didn't necessarily work like that.

Anyway she's got her own business promoting this stuff so technically isn't just the stay at home mum she's encouraging others to be.

On the other hand some feminists are getting super triggered over it but their own mentality doesn't allow them to criticise it lest they become hypocrites as it's a woman's choice etc.. and outside of "trad wives" ordinary stay at home mums are frequently defended by feminists - "full time mum" types etc..

Soldato
Also I don't buy this historic nonsense that women were oppressed and unhappy. The mere fact some women choose this life now is evidence of that. I don't doubt women had a restricted set of choices in life 100 years ago, but so too men had restricted choices. Society was far more centred around families back then. Now society is centred around the economy. I mean really, who gets to their death bed and wishes they spent more time at work, or wishes they got that promotion. No, I'm sure most wish they spent more time with their family.

I think a child being raised by their parents is the best way to go, and when it comes to it, I would prefer if my girlfriend or myself were to be a home maker and the other a bread winner. To me it's the best way to raise a family. Keep the home a nice place to be, have the time to make healthy nutritious meals etc. If I were the breadwinner, I wouldn't want my girlfriend to 'submit' to me, I don't get that part. And I don't believe that's really the way it was then.

Back
Top Bottom