Racing Games & Steering Wheels

Soldato
Just got back into PC gaming and picked up a Logitech G29 and shifter on the weekend and wondered what racing games do you folks recommend?

Soldato
Project Cars 2
Dirty Rally/2
rFactor/2
iRacing but I think you have to pay for most of it, unless it's changed since I last played a few years ago.
Assetto Corsa/Competitizione (sp?)

Soldato
OP
Project Cars 2
Project Cars 2
Dirty Rally/2
rFactor/2
iRacing but I think you have to pay for most of it, unless it's changed since I last played a few years ago.
Assetto Corsa/Competitizione (sp?)

Project Cars 2 Deluxe Edition is going fairly cheap now but hearing it's fairly buggy, any opinions on Assetto Corsa Competitizione?

Soldato
Haven't got the new Assetto Corsa, only the old one, but it seems very good from what I see. rFactor 1 and 2 are best with mods, and there are a lot of them for those games. I can dig around for files if you want, some are very old and hard to find.

Soldato
I've just got back into racing and had AC from years ago and got ACC and F1 2019 both at a reasonable price. The humble bundle which has a load of games in it at the moment for £10 is a decent buy.

I really like ACC its a lot of fun and the cars and tracks are all pretty decent. I ended up getting myself a used Fanatec setup and love it, even running on my Mac Mini with 5700XT external GPU and a 49" Samsung Ultra Wide Monitor.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

I've just got back into racing and had AC from years ago and got ACC and F1 2019 both at a reasonable price. The humble bundle which has a load of games in it at the moment for £10 is a decent buy.

I really like ACC its a lot of fun and the cars and tracks are all pretty decent. I ended up getting myself a used Fanatec setup and love it, even running on my Mac Mini with 5700XT external GPU and a 49" Samsung Ultra Wide Monitor.

Looking for an immersive single player racer really, what's ACC like on this front?

Leaning towards PC2, F1 2020 and ACC. Also, I'll check the Humble Bundle page now!

Caporegime
Dirt rally 2.0 also new free scotland dlc is out soon for it based on colin mcraes exploits. should be amazing. only other car game id look at is assetto corsa the original one. lots of mods and cheap content but it is brilliant. a lot better than competionzione.

Soldato
OP
Dirt rally 2.0 also new free scotland dlc is out soon for it based on colin mcraes exploits. should be amazing. only other car game id look at is assetto corsa the original one. lots of mods and cheap content but it is brilliant. a lot better than competionzione.

DiRT Rally 2 Super Deluxe currently selling for £13.49, that's a nice deal!

Back
Top Bottom