Doom Eternal

Soldato
Been enjoying it at 1440p >120 fps but still peeved HDR doesn't work, I'd rather 4K 60 + HDR. Game is gorgeous! Though texture wise it's still not really at a 4K standard.

Soldato
Definitely has a more open feel than 2016. Graphics are great but I'm not feeling much difference over 2016 either. Most noticeable to me is the smoothness and whilst 2016 was great it did make me motion sick. Eternal doesn't. That's just me.
Sound is good and soundtrack is amazing.
Having to sign in to Bethesda again within the game was annoying, but hay hoo.

Soldato
Seems like we might have a DRM-free exe in our folders. lol gj Bethesda :D

Then I can finally uninstall this POS launcher and be rid of it!

It's under original in the Doom Eternal folder.

Soldato
Played 20-30 mins quickly before bed.

On ultra nightmare or whatever the max settings are called I am sat on 60fps vsync no problem so far at 1440p. Will double check in the morning as very pleasantly surprised but pretty sure I chucked it on that. Seems incredibly well optimised.

Graphics are frankly awesome and the gameplay is frantic mayhem and so much fun :)

Caporegime
I can't quite run it to the very hilt due to a lack of graphics memory, but almost. It does look great. :cool: So far, I'm seeing frames usually run in the 50s and over, occasionally a little less for just a moment or so. Very smooth.

Shadow quality is on high with texture pool left at nightmare. I've not watched much at all in the way of trailers or media for it, so I'm looking forward to this. :D

jpm

jpm

Associate
As everyone else is saying what a well optimized game, specs in sig, ultra nightmare between 100 - 130fps (1440p)

Will play more tomorrow now as its a bit late but enjoying what I've played so far :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Everything ultra nightmare (with chromatic aberration disabled) at 1440p, solid 144fps (vsync locked with gsync) running on a i9-9900k @5ghz and a 2080 ti +150/+1000.

My question is, is it only Vulkan now?

Soldato
What settings should I aim for? I have an i7 6700k and 1070 running on an ultrawide 1440p monitor.

Tbh mate that's not a million miles off my spec so I reckon with the 8gb GPU ram you might well be fine on ultra nightmare preset. I capped mine at 60hz but my screen will do 75hz, that said it is still crazy fast at vsync. If you are aiming for higher FPS then maybe have to drop a few bits

Soldato
Tbh mate that's not a million miles off my spec so I reckon with the 8gb GPU ram you might well be fine on ultra nightmare preset. I capped mine at 60hz but my screen will do 75hz, that said it is still crazy fast at vsync. If you are aiming for higher FPS then maybe have to drop a few bits

Cheers for that :) Will be pretty happy at 60fps I think, so will crank up the settings from the get go and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom