This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Netflix and ill, only if you let strange forumites into your home @mrbell1984 :D
Sadly I can't afford to upgrade at present. The current one is 50". Been looking at smaller ones under £200 just to tide me over but am working currently so haven't had much time to look.

How simple would it be to change the power board then if it was that? I wouldn't want to mess it up lol.
Dead easy. One screwdriver, about 3 cables to remove. What model of telly is it? They're all pretty simple inside!

Soldato
Netflix and ill, only if you let strange forumites into your home @mrbell1984 :D

Dead easy. One screwdriver, about 3 cables to remove. What model of telly is it? They're all pretty simple inside!
So it's literally un screwing things and screwing new one back on? I'm not very tech savvy lol. Someone on Twitter replied to my sos restart tweet with a user guide that involved the use of a soldiering iron :/ I don't even have one of those and the last time I did it was in year 9 at school! Lol (and I wouldn't try that anyway)

It's a Panasonic TX-P50VT30B

@Marvt74 why would I have to do anything? Crowd funds are free for the person it's for ;)

Edit: wow ok so looks like you can get a decent 50 inch these days for not much. Saw one that looks super thin compared to mine. Weight 16.5kg. Lol, my current one is 35kg (but it is a plasma 3D)

Last edited:
Soldato
So it's literally un screwing things and screwing new one back on? I'm not very tech savvy lol. Someone on Twitter replied to my sos restart tweet with a user guide that involved the use of a soldiering iron :/ I don't even have one of those and the last time I did it was in year 9 at school! Lol (and I wouldn't try that anyway)

It's a Panasonic TX-P50VT30B

@Marvt74 why would I have to do anything? Crowd funds are free for the person it's for ;)

Edit: wow ok so looks like you can get a decent 50 inch these days for not much. Saw one that looks super thin compared to mine. Weight 16.5kg. Lol, my current one is 35kg (but it is a plasma 3D)
Have a look at hisense, you can get a 50” for £299. :)

Does it need to be 50”?

Soldato
You never want to go smaller though do you @Clov!s ;)

Agree with Hisense though. Maybe even keep an eye on Ebay as they're often throwing vouchers around.

Also @secretspy if you end up buying from Currys i can get 7% discounted e-vouchers if it helps :)
Haha no issues there ;)

I get 8% off at currys too through my employer if you wanted to save some money. :)

Soldato
I mean it doesnt have to be 50" if I'm just getting one as a temporary measure but seeing as there were 50" tvs for not much more than the smaller ones, it did get me thinking on whether I just "upgrade" now. (and if i'm upgrading then I would prefer one of same/close size)

I had been looking on Costco to compare prices as they do 5 year warranty as standard :)

i don't really know what to do, to be honest :/

Soldato
Just bear in mind your Panasonic plasma is lovely picture quality, so it's worth checking reviews. You can get amazing tellies for cheap now, but the panel is often the variable factor from brand to brand. Panasonic and LG do nice panels, LG are often on offer at Curry's. Not sure about Panasonic so worth comparing.

This is instant and moment I are mostly jumping on the bandwagon of selling @secretspy a TV :p

Caporegime
Just bear in mind your Panasonic plasma is lovely picture quality, so it's worth checking reviews. You can get amazing tellies for cheap now, but the panel is often the variable factor from brand to brand. Panasonic and LG do nice panels, LG are often on offer at Curry's. Not sure about Panasonic so worth comparing.

This is instant and moment I are mostly jumping on the bandwagon of selling @secretspy a TV :p

I have a 1080p 42” plasma TV sitting on the floor in my living room for about 3 years... I can’t even give it away!

It is heavier than my 55” Oled, gives out heat like a radiator though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom