• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

V F

V F

Soldato
Definitely user error :p

Which version/build of Windows are you on? Played about 20hr over the weekend on various games (dragon age inquisition, cod mw, Doom eternal) so a range of APIs and not had a crash, this is running 2004 with the 78s drivers.

1909 18363.657

I've had two "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in Division 2 with .78.

Soldato
I'm still on 441.87. Ghost Recon Breakpoint keeps nagging me at startup that I'm using 'Unsupported Drivers'. Is it safe to update to the 445.78 driver or are folk still having issues with it?

Ta.

V F

V F

Soldato
Obviously this isn't new (happened in December?) but why the hell is the NVIDIA control panel part of the Windows store now?

Soldato
Soldato
Is the NVCP broken for anyone else? My global 3D settings and program 3D settings are not behaving as they should specifically with Vsync/Gsync
I found that 445.78 reset some of my driver settings even though I did not choose a clean install. G-Sync and VSync were set back to the defaults. I noticed tearing in the first game I played, so at least it shows it is normally doing a good job.

I’ll keep an eye on them to make sure they are not getting reset.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nvidia drivers without all the Nvidia gumf, eg Geforce Experience telemetry etc
Are these clean packages still needed anymore? Since GDPR, Nvidia’s installer has an upfront consent which allows users to choose between drivers-only or the full spyware software suite.

I suppose they will save a few MB for those on dial-up.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Am I the only person to always use the latest drivers then?

Not had a problem with drivers once since switching to Nvidia.

Back
Top Bottom