LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
Shame you still have to wait for and also purchase an Nvidia card that has HDMI 2.1 to get to use 4k 120hz with full chroma. Why they couldn't include DP 1.4 on the set must be an Nvidia request to make you buy a new card. Maybe they gave LG G-sync modules in return forcing people to buy a new Nvidia Gfx card.

You reckon they'll do a G-sync compatible freesync version?

Man of Honour
Shame you still have to wait for and also purchase an Nvidia card that has HDMI 2.1 to get to use 4k 120hz with full chroma. Why they couldn't include DP 1.4 on the set must be an Nvidia request to make you buy a new card. Maybe they gave LG G-sync modules in return forcing people to buy a new Nvidia Gfx card.

This screen doesn’t feature a hardware Gsync module. It’s GSync compatible over adaptive sync

Soldato

Should really check out the spec before posting

Associate
Expensive at a supposed £1500 quid but when you compare it to some of the higher end ASUS monitors in the 3 grand range, which are imo not as good in terms of specs and image quality, it's well worth it. 1440p at 120hz until the new nvidia cards come is still great, throw on a bit of nvidia sharpening and it's almost as good as pure 4k. OLED just cant be beat in terms of visual beauty.

Soldato
Should really check out the spec before posting

I was reading the "professional review" in the OP where it states this; There’s also Nvidia G-Sync built-in, letting the TV produce smoother frame rates from a PC, turning this into a proper screen for gamers. The TV can run at up to 120fps at a resolution of 4K."

So I took it as it only has normal G-sync, even checked that review searching for freesync - nope.

Only folk who know everything about this monitor may post here - or be warned by 'Encyclopedia Heisenberg'

Soldato
I was reading the "professional review" in the OP where it states this; There’s also Nvidia G-Sync built-in, letting the TV produce smoother frame rates from a PC, turning this into a proper screen for gamers. The TV can run at up to 120fps at a resolution of 4K."

So I took it as it only has normal G-sync, even checked that review searching for freesync - nope.

Only folk who know everything about this monitor may post here - or be warned by 'Encyclopedia Heisenberg'
Well the professional review is correct. You misinterpreted the review and decided to go on a rant about Nvidia. Perhaps my response was a bit tongue in cheek but it amuses me when people go on a rant with no substance.

Soldato
Remember that TVs come out overpriced at the beginning of the year. It's gonna be 1K or less for Black Friday. That's when I'd recommend to buy it unless you just HAVE to have it right now.

Soldato
Well the professional review is correct. You misinterpreted the review and decided to go on a rant about Nvidia. Perhaps my response was a bit tongue in cheek but it amuses me when people go on a rant with no substance.

Only Baddass who is a professional reviewer corrects that supposed pro review in the OP. You haven't stated anything other than read the specs and the review is correct. Well the specs in that review says Nvidia G-sync built in, and what I posted before. No where does it says that it is through G-sync compatible - Freesync adaptive sync. Please show me where it says so in the OP's linked review or whatever else I wrote has made you rage.

Soldato
Only Baddass who is a professional reviewer corrects that supposed pro review in the OP. You haven't stated anything other than read the specs and the review is correct. Well the specs in that review says Nvidia G-sync built in, and what I posted before. No where does it says that it is through G-sync compatible - Freesync adaptive sync. Please show me where it says so in the OP's linked review or whatever else I wrote has made you rage.
You really are an angry individual aren't you. Any adaptive sync display that is approved by Nvidia is just listed as g sync. I'm not raging, just correcting you after your rant about Nvidia paying LG to not include display port in a TV. Do any TVs have display port?

Soldato

Why would you automatically assume it needs a G-Sync module. :confused:

Soldato

You really are an angry individual aren't you. Any adaptive sync display that is approved by Nvidia is just listed as g sync. I'm not raging, just correcting you after your rant about Nvidia paying LG to not include display port in a TV. Do any TVs have display port?

Not angry pal, just don't need abrasive people coming in and saying should have researched the spec and the review is correct, without stating or helping with any facts of your own or pointing out where I was wrong. And I'm still waiting....

Calling people ranting - sounds like you are projecting son.

I just read the review that the OP posted about said monitor.

I'm sorry to those that have become so offended by but the review in the OP does read like it's a G-sync monitor. No mention of freesync, no mention of adaptive sync or VRR.

The review in the OP says in the key specs;

Nvidia G-sync built in - would to me point to a g-sync monitor not a free sync one

again previously I mentioned that review also states this

There’s also Nvidia G-Sync built-in, letting the TV produce smoother frame rates from a PC, turning this into a proper screen for gamers. The TV can run at up to 120fps at a resolution of 4K.

All 3 pictures have Nvidia G-sync (NOT FREESYNC) advertised below it.

That's why.

Please point out, as Heisenberg also needs to do, where in that review made it so obvious that it is a freesync monitor.

Maybe as it offended you so you could call out Vega in why he'd assume that Ampere will turn up with no HDMI 2.1........:D

Soldato
he was talking about me :)

but come on guys, enough arguing please. Let’s get this thread back on track
Oh yeah, my bad. I wasn't trying to argue with anyone tbh. Anyway, I'll be looking to pick one of these up around black Friday if the price is right. Just upgraded my main tv in living room so this will be perfect for bedroom and PC setup.

Back
Top Bottom