Soldato
I would love to know if anyone have actually solved their Freesync brightness flicker plaguing the Va monitors out there, including the one i've got myself the Dell S3220DGF. In a desperation move i've ordered a 2m Accell DP 1.2 Vesa certified cable.

However I have my doubts about it being able to fix the brightness flicker as it's a panel issue?? due to the extreme voltage sensitivity of the samsung va panel? please correct me if I'm wrong here.

So many weird solutions out there, most seems to be giving people a placebo effect so I'm at a loss here with this issue and no turning Freesync off is not a "fix" that works for me :p.

Soldato
OP
Are you using Nvidia card?
Try capping framerate to monitor's max or little below it in drivers.

No using an AMD vega 64. Capping framerates doesn't work the slightest. Problem is with LFC and the different brightness depending on what hertz your monitor is running. When you are just on the edge of where LFC activates and it goes on and off all the time.. Very annoying due the brightness shift. Looks like a strope light :(

Games with good frame latency interval are no problem. It's the games that have that odd 1-2 frame out of 60 or 80 rendered(per sec) that takes like 20+ ms to render and display that causes this vomit inducing flicker.

Soldato
OP
Associate
had to use cru to fix the black screen issue on my benq ex3203r.
but im just waiting for big navi - miss the amd colors , never got used to nvidia, just seems a bit off.
what is your monitors v-rate as set in cru? as it seems your problem is to do with lfc.

Soldato
OP
had to use cru to fix the black screen issue on my benq ex3203r.
but im just waiting for big navi - miss the amd colors , never got used to nvidia, just seems a bit off.
what is your monitors v-rate as set in cru? as it seems your problem is to do with lfc.

My problem is with this **** panel and its uneven brightness across hertz. Considering its present for both AMD and Nvidia users it has to be a panel issue. How this can get through QC is beyond me. Never the less to answer your question, I've tried a vrate of 40,70,80,90(getting into pointless land real fast), i cant go much lower than the default 48 or the monitor will black screen instantly(or i havent found a way to make it do lower). Even if LFC weren't active, the monitor will flicker cause it will just bounce between lowest supported freesync hertz and max supported hz causing the brightness difference between the 2 to appear as rave fest.

EDIT: Having the fps go between 90 and 120 in the gsync pendulum demo still shows brightness flicker. My last try is a brand new Vesa certified cable from Accell. I've tried with the cheapo Deltaco i have and with the one included in the box and the results are identical.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
damn that really sucks.
really woeful qc.

Ay, I thought I would be upset at the amount of black/dark trailing and there is some but I can live with the amount this monitor has. Everything about the screen is very good, with the exception of the brightness flicker which makes it that much more sad and annoying as I hate returning monitors and dealing with that BS. Tried my new Accell cable today, 1 meter DP 1.2 Vesa certified and not a darn difference did it make.

Soldato
OP
A quick update, i returned the monitor. I've done my due diligence and tried everything from different drivers, several cables, several DP output sources, HDMI as well.

Back
Top Bottom